Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a depo with Macmulkin Chevy in place since Late Aug. Hoping the order gets picked up next week. I keep going back and forth between DSOM or SG. The DSOM would have black int and the SG red int. I had always planned on the ZF1 black wheels but the spectra's look amazing. does anyone know if ordering spectra wheels on my 2LT setup?

And just to throw it out there opinions on DSOM vs SG? The Red int on the Shark Gray looks great! But the DSOM is calling my name...the interior on the DSOM seems to holding me back.

thanks and I love the forum!!
Scott

Reactions: Moxychacha

·
18,670 Posts
For 2015, Spectra Gray wheels and all Z06 wheels are only available for the Z06. However, as GM did this year, learning from the previous year's purchasing decisions, they could well bring out a Spectra Gray color for StingRays next year.

·
Registered
952 Posts
for me, I like the DSOM with brownstone but then you have to get 3LT I think....too many greys and silvers on the road for me

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a depo with Macmulkin Chevy in place since Late Aug. Hoping the order gets picked up next week. I keep going back and forth between DSOM or SG. The DSOM would have black int and the SG red int. I had always planned on the ZF1 black wheels but the spectra's look amazing. does anyone know if ordering spectra wheels on my 2LT setup?

And just to throw it out there opinions on DSOM vs SG? The Red int on the Shark Gray looks great! But the DSOM is calling my name...the interior on the DSOM seems to holding me back.

thanks and I love the forum!!
Scott
I was down to those same exact color combinations too. Really wish I could have see the DSOM in person. Settled on SG with Red interior. Although, I still keep looking at photos of the Orange and can't get over it!!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If someone wants to go aftermarket, HRE's Liquid Silver is almost the same appearance effect, maybe even equal in impact on the looker....

View attachment 13110
The HRE wheels suffer from something many aftermarket wheels do, a generic center section that doesn't align the spokes with the jugs. I find that very reminiscent of tuner wheels that are cranked out in 4 and 5 bolt patterns to fit hundreds of different cars and not something I would pay the stupid HRE prices for. To me it just shows a laziness by the designer abut the reality is most people never notice.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have no time right now to do the proper research to be certain of what I am saying, but starting in 2005 there was a factory wheel option on the C6 called (and this is where I may be mistaken) "Competition Gray" (often referred to as "Comp Gray")....I had my 05 Vert base wheels in this finish....

The Z06 ordering guide/workbench (somewhere) also uses the term "Competition Gray" when referring to the Spectra Gray wheels - I believe they are the same color/paint code, but could be wrong....

When I tried to track down touch-up paint for my 05 wheels, I also recall the same color had been referred to even earlier as "gunmetal gray"...again, going from memory here.

Bottom line is I believe this is not a "new", but rather renamed, color.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The HRE wheels suffer from something many aftermarket wheels do, a generic center section that doesn't align the spokes with the jugs. I find that very reminiscent of tuner wheels that are cranked out in 4 and 5 bolt patterns to fit hundreds of different cars and not something I would pay the stupid HRE prices for. To me it just shows a laziness by the designer abut the reality is most people never notice.
This will be my first corvette and I never noticed that they do line up with the spoke. Just one of the little detail I over looked!! Really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts