Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I too am in this camp, but I am not locked in (but almost ;)) as to options or all the color choices we have to make. The coupe folks have only to make a exterior & interior color selection we need to decide on a top color as well. What colors (three) are you considering? Since there are very few pictures to see now it's a tough call. Let's see what everyone who is a prospective convertible is thinking. My biggest problem is trying to figure out if the Brownstone int. would look good with a Kalahari top on a Lime Rock Green. If LRG is not available in 2015 that will simplify my decisions. Cyber Gray w/ Kalahari int. & top will be my fallback. Not sure if I will go for the Z-51 option, but if they change up existing option packaging I would like the Mag shocks without the Z-51 option. Maybe by the time I am ready to order the completion seats will be available also? What's your convertible going to look like?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Matter of choice my friend...Honestly, can you really go WRONG with any combo? I mean the car looks so good, the right choice is what YOU want! I going with torch red with a black top!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I hope to see my Crystal Red, Kalahari 3LT interikor and black top soon. I kinda went all out, Z51 w/ mag. ride, chrome wheels and a few other options.
I hope you get the opotunity to get the LRG. It would be sharp!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our new C7 convertible is a Torch Red, Z51, black top, black interior, 3LT, FAY, Q7E - if it ever gets built......We first opted for the competition seats on the recommendation of a knowledgable friend, but since it's not going to be run in high-speed events, we were advised that the comp seats would not be comfortable, and have changed to the standard seats.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the color selections problems I am seeing is the lack of pictorial guides that illustrate to the customer what color carpet comes as part of the trim level / color selection. By example; I can tell that the Brownstone interior in the 3LT trim has a brown carpet from owners pictures I have seen. The Kalahari has (I believe) black carpet with all trim levels. What about the other interior color / trim level combinations? It would be nice to know this type of information before you place an order. As far as I can tell this problem faces coupe owners as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My 3LT will be Cyber gray, Kalahari interior and top. My last six cars have been the same color of the car that the company puts in their promotions and they have all been lookers. I think the brownstone interior would be fine with the Kalahari top. I thought long and hard about getting the Laguna blue but I wanted to be more subtle than flashy. I work for RE/MAX and am a BIG Kentucky fan so blue would have been fitting. I also think the police spot the flashier colors easier than the subtle ones.

·
18,670 Posts
One of the color selections problems I am seeing is the lack of pictorial guides that illustrate to the customer what color carpet comes as part of the trim level / color selection. By example; I can tell that the Brownstone interior in the 3LT trim has a brown carpet from owners pictures I have seen. The Kalahari has (I believe) black carpet with all trim levels. What about the other interior color / trim level combinations? It would be nice to know this type of information before you place an order. As far as I can tell this problem faces coupe owners as well.
Interior color to carpet color:

All gray interiors get gray carpet; all Brownstone interiors get Brownstone carpet; all the rest of the interiors get black carpet.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is another question for you "convertible types". Do / did you own a motorcycle? If so, does that play into your desire to go topless? I have ridden bikes since I was 17 and that feeling of open air freedom for me can only be replicated with a convertible. I drive top down all year round as long as the sun is out. What about you?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I Agree with Werk-it, I was driving East on Highway 70 toward St. Louis and a Laguna Blue, coming at me really stands out, first C-7 I have seen on the road in real life. That made my mind up for the Cyber Grey. Ordered 4 weeks ago. Can't wait! Please don't get me wrong. The Laguna Blue is the best color out there. Just watch the Web Cameras on Corvette BLVD at the Museum and the Blue ones always catch you eye first.

Reactions: Werk-it

·
Registered
141 Posts
My order also went to "Sheduled for Production" this past week. Asked my sales rep when he expected production to start. His reply was begining of November. Having a garge bay added, hope its done in time.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Have a Torch Red 3LT Adrenaline Red, black top on order. Was a tough decision. Almost went Lime Rock/Brownstone, seriously considered Night Race/Brownstone, then waffled and was looking at Crystal Red. Finally decided on Torch Red. Never solicit opinions from other people about what they like. You will never make a decision! Get what appeals to YOU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drove myself nut's whith the diff color combo's,started out red on red then went with yellow ordered it. Then over thanksgiving with the wife's input of course changed to white/black int.Now I have wait till April when I get back from fla.This is torture!

·
Registered
209 Posts
My 3LT Convertible has been built and is waiting for me to pick her up at the museum. She is a Night Race Blue with Brownstone interior and a Blue top. We originally ordered the Z51 but with the constraints we opted to forego that. This car is my birthday present and although my husband wanted the Z51 he knew I didn't really care about that either way. I'm not planning to race anyhow so we took that off our order. I've never owned a motorcycle but currently have a convertible and I love driving with the top down. Fortunately big hair isn't popular anymore and I don't have to worry as much about my hairdo. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
... Never solicit opinions from other people about what they like. You will never make a decision! Get what appeals to YOU.
Yeah, I get that, but I like to get a cross section of opinion on this sort of thing as there are a good number here that have actually seen the colors I have interest in, while all I have seen are pictures. I will wait until I get to see (first hand) these interior and top colors then go from there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts