Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my car back from the dealer, with the infotainment replacement/upgraded firmware...
I didn't check on my way out of the dealer, but my AC apparently has gone nuts. It is basically a heater (in any mode) on the driver-side, and AC as normal in the passenger side..
It worked fine, prior to my screen replacement.

So I called OnStar to run the diagnostics check thing, which is pretty bada$$ btw.. They said the climate control was reporting code B0413.
BUT - on top of all that, he also said there were codes (apparently no alpha-numeric codes associated?) for transmission, chassis, and uhhh, rear control(?) .. Unfortunately I didnt have a pen or paper or cellphone handy, so I am going on memory alone..

At the same time, I have no lights on the DIC indicating any type of failures. :confused:

So bottom line here is... WTF?

Brian

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Brian; I think something went wrong with that ECM(s) reflash. Looks like you need to revisit your dealer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Chip... That's what I was afraid of :(

I kind of wish I could do it myself.

B

·
Registered
415 Posts
Might be worth a try but possible with the dealer work 1 or more controllers got out of sync on the car's network and tripped some U ( comm DTCs)

If so by disconnecting one side of battery for a few seconds and then reconnect would force all controllers to clear and talk on network and then relearn
all functions

So I got my car back from the dealer, with the infotainment replacement/upgraded firmware...
I didn't check on my way out of the dealer, but my AC apparently has gone nuts. It is basically a heater (in any mode) on the driver-side, and AC as normal in the passenger side..

So I called OnStar to run the diagnostics check thing, which is pretty bada$$ btw.. They said the climate control was reporting code B0413.
BUT - on top of all that, he also said there were codes (apparently no alpha-numeric codes associated?) for transmission, chassis, and uhhh, rear control(?) .. Unfortunately I didnt have a pen or paper or cellphone handy, so I am going on memory alone..

At the same time, I have no lights on the DIC indicating any type of failures. :confused:

Brian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, JR! I will give that a try today and report back my results... If it works I owe you a beer or six...

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Might be worth a try but possible with the dealer work 1 or more controllers got out of sync on the car's network and tripped some U ( comm DTCs)

If so by disconnecting one side of battery for a few seconds and then reconnect would force all controllers to clear and talk on network and then relearn
all functions
JR; Based on my understanding you need to disconnect both battery leads, touch them together for 15 seconds +- then re-attach. I seem to recall that this is called a global reset.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick update - I wasn't able to do the reset yet, mainly due to the fact that my area decided to become a flood zone with non-stop rain. Pretty sure we got the full summers worth of rainfall totals just today. Weeeee... As soon as it dries up, I'm going to yank the pos, short to neg, and drain out some of that residual capacitive discharge... With my fingers crossed.. and a bit of black voodoo magic..

·
Registered
755 Posts
Don't be standing in any puddles when you do that. haha!! Just funnin... One other possible problem, check to see if your car came out of the factory on a Friday....... OH OH !!:eek:
Hope all works out and I am if you have not determined trying to lighten up your situation for you.

STUNG:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts

Brian
Brian,

I’m sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing with the climate control and DIC along with the other codes OnStar was able to find (Glad to hear you like that feature though!). If you would like me to reach out to your dealer to have them look over your car, I’d be more than happy to do so. PM us your name, VIN, current mileage, contact info and involved dealership and we can get working on it right away.

Thanks,

Jeff M
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
415 Posts
JR; Based on my understanding you need to disconnect both battery leads, touch them together for 15 seconds +- then re-attach. I seem to recall that this is called a global reset.
If just one side of the battery is disconnected in most cases will cause all controllers and values in temp memory to be reset/cleared

If wanting to do a total deeper clearing if shorting the 2 battery cables ( taken off the battery) together what that does is some voltage is stored in capacitors and shorting together causes them to discharge quickly

If not shorting together then having one cable off battery will do the same but take longer for the discharge to occur

Again though just to get controllers to reset and resync on car's 2 networks one cable off for like a minute would be enough to force a reset.

BTW for those who do have a OBD-II scanner or DTC code reader anytime a code starting with a "U" means there was a communications problem on networks with one or more controllers

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Fast or slow, it is the capacitors discharge that is required to clear up many of these issues. Unfortunately it is not a cure all for all of the electronic issues seen on the C-7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts