Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help from forum members who own these particular colors would be much appreciated. I have an order for a CG, 2LT, Z51 and I am thinking about changing it to AW before it's too late. I know the car looks incredible in any color, but the White is starting to grow on me and it seems to pop more than the CG. It all boils down to personal preference and it's ultimately my decision, but any help from owners on how the color looks to them and if they have regrets would help very much.

Pictures are nice to look at but those who actually own them can probably shed a better light on it.

Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
463 Posts
What color wheels are you getting? Personally if you're leaning towards non black wheels I'd go for the CG.

I have an arctic white Z51 2LT black wheels with carbon flash side mirrors and spoiler. It is amazing in person. It's easy to keep clean vs a dark color surprisingly, my last two cars were black. It's also classy looking and not as loud as a red for instance. People have literally cut me off asking me to pull over so they can ask questions and grab a photo. When I was visiting my dad last night, a pedestrian walked into his driveway to take a closer look. I think you'd love the AW if you want a less loud color but want a bit of aggressiveness because the blk and CF options rly pop on the white. But hey, do what your heart tells you. CG is also a one year color so it will be more unique.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I ordered a velocity yellow z51 which is on its way in about 3 weeks but now I am starting to think I should have picked AW or CG because I am seeing that the yellow is practically the lowest on the popularity list and when I tell people I am getting a yellow c7 their eyes get larger making me think they are having a shock reaction to that color??????:confused:

Reactions: Buddy

·
18,670 Posts
Not everyone likes fine wine. Enjoy your beautiful Velocity Yellow. It is your car! If it becomes the only VY in a sea of other colored, more-popular-colored StingRays at a gathering, good for you!

I have yet to see a single StingRay, in any color, I do not like!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've been struggling with the same decision for months. I love both colors, but I think the contrast of the Arctic White and the black accents on the car looks amazing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered a velocity yellow z51 which is on its way in about 3 weeks but now I am starting to think I should have picked AW or CG because I am seeing that the yellow is practically the lowest on the popularity list and when I tell people I am getting a yellow c7 their eyes get larger making me think they are having a shock reaction to that color??????:confused:
I commend you on ordering the VY! I have AW and sometimes wish I would have gone with Yellow. I just love the black and yellow combo (been a big Stryper fan since 1985!). But the black and white is just as awesome for me. Once you get your car, you'll never think twice about another color!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Before I purchased my arctic white I was able to see many of the colors in person. The Arctic white was absolutely stunning in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
I have seen them both. It depends on what you like. Out of those two, I personally like the Arctic White much more. Of course, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
10,422 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
How can you go wrong with this? I LOVE MY CAR! You would not believe how many times I have been told "Congratulations" or given a "thumbs up" going down the road.

photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ended up with a Cyber Grey, long story but my only opportunity was to grab one already in production so it came down to CG or NRB, both stunning in their own right but I went with the CG and now that I am hearing they will not be making anymore that reinforces that decision even more. I will say this each color has it's own personality regardless of which one that you pick they are all stunning and evoke the same response from the public. Regardless of which one you choose you will soon know the meaning of the word paparazzi :)
Choose for you the rest will flow

·
Registered
480 Posts
My VY is almost done...being produced this week. I'm sure you will love your VY (or whatever color you choose). I don't want the car to blend in with the crowd. There is a white one in town here already. I've seen it around quite a bit and the more I see it, the less I like it. (Sorry guys, it is this person's daily driver and it is just not exciting. I will say it does not have all the black accents so I think that is part of my dislike). To me, if you want an exotic feel that will be timeless, yellow or red are the only choices....and red is just too common on these cars for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
366 Posts
I find it interesting when people ask others for color opinions, that being said, I never pass an opportunity to share my opinions.
And to be fair, I did ask for two other opinions my best friend's (an avid car enthusiast, racer, shower and investor) and my wife's (no qualifications needed).

All is just MHO
The Vette looks best in Red (crystal, not ruby).
The second best color for it to wear is Yellow.
The sight of both of these makes my heart race.
Black is gorgeous, but I can neither afford to keep it pristine clean (daily driver) nor stand to see it less than perfectly sparkling.
I was fairly set on NRB but my best friend told me that blue (any variant) is the lowest resale value color, all other things being equal and by more than an insignificant percentage.
I have a preconceived notion stuck in my head silver cars are for white haired men
Green, in general, is my favorite cit and although green Vette isgorgeous to look at just doesn't seem like a sports car color to me.
I came down to AW or CGM and would have gone w AW but saw a CGM on the lot and loved the depth and brilliance. It shows off the lines and accent pieces (I added CF mirrors and spoiler), hides light dust/dirt/water marks and is both classy and sinister at the same time.

So that's my three cents worth.

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

·
Registered
211 Posts
OMG
Went to get my SRX serviced and thought I would visit the Chevy dealer across the street.
A cyber gray z51 on the show room floor.
Unbelievable!
Stunning!
I have a black z51 on order. Always said I wouldn't get in one till I got mine.
Needless to say... Couldn't resist. Wow!!!cant tell you how comfortable the seats are.
Looking over the hood from inside the car was a real trip.

Could be a great summer!

Alias Frankie!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Arctic White Z51 convertible. The wife wanted the white, I added black stinger hood and black mirrors and spoiler. It looks pretty mean. Everyone loves it. New Corvette 005.JPG

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
I have Arctic White Z51 convertible. The wife wanted the white, I added black stinger hood and black mirrors and spoiler. It looks pretty mean. Everyone loves it. View attachment 5109
That is a great looking StingRay, wetscheid. Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts