Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! My name is Dave Miller and I am the owner of TLC Auto Detail located in Northern, VA. I have been detailing professionally in one capacity or another for the last 10 years in this area. We offer all forms of detailing, but we really specialize in paint correction and paint coatings. I recently became a sponsor of this forum, and I wanted to start out by getting a thread like this going. This thread will serve to be a place that anyone can ask detailing related questions and have them answered by either myself, or any other of the pros that I know are on, or will be on this forum soon. So have at, pick our brains, and we will do the best we can to help out!

Cheers!

-Dave
TLC Auto Detail

·
Registered
58 Posts
thanks Dave. What would the cost be to coat the new C7?
That would be a loaded question to most. If you simply wanted the application only applied, which involves just a decon process, then if you were in GA I would quote you $325. But price changes very slightly region to region and detailer to detailer. But for the size of the C7, I would expect no one will quote you less than $325 and no higher than $350. Now if you want to make the most out of your investment and really bring the paint to life. Then plan to spend another $300-600 on that of that to have the paint fully detailed. Have any imperfections removed, the paint heavily glossed up and the surface perfectly prepped for the Finest to be able to bond at the highest level. That is the biggest difference between looks. Applying the product only does a great job...but a perfect detail prior to the product, makes all the difference in the world.

But again, my pricing is based on what I would charge someone in Georgia. As I have a brand new Aventador coming in this week, he is having my New Car Prep Package and then Finest applied. This is going to run him $600. Simply because the paint is showing little to no scratches and it has paint protection film on it.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The last line in the previous post jumped out at me. How do you prep and apply a finish like CQuartz on a car that already has a film applied?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The last line in the previous post jumped out at me. How do you prep and apply a finish like CQuartz on a car that already has a film applied?
You apply it too the rest of the car that is not covered. Most cars will either have a standard front end install or a full front end. The product is like an extreme sealant for the rest of the paint. Where it locks in the gloss that buffing gave and keeps the car looking freshly detailed for the next year before it starts to slowly wear off. Imagine if all you had to do for a year was properly wash your car. After each wash your car looks like it was just professionally detailed. The paint has a hard shell around it that helps greatly minimize any light scratches that could have been induced from washing. That you did not have to wax your car again for up to two years. Win, win to me. Well, same thought goes for paint protection films as well. With the advancement in films today, they are almost unnoticeable on paint. So applying a coating on top of the film helps maintain that new film gloss and keeps the film treated to greatly reduce any yellowing that "might" occur, which already a slim chance with new films.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mike. I will chime in too. I'm located in Northern VA and my Cquartz Finest service starts at $650. That includes one light polishing step that will clean up light wash induced swirling. Most vehicles that I coat end up getting at least two steps of correction that brings the price up a bit. It is a larger initial investment but you will certainly save money in the long run since the vehicle will be so much easier to maintain. That price also includes the Two year warranty from Car Pro.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My application cost is similar at $350, but Finest really needs to have at least some polishing done first to maximize the results of it, and is worth the extra cost. Most tend to be in the 750+ range. I have had some that were substantially more, but they required several days of paint correction because the finishes were heavily swirled and scratched....and I'm not talking about a 10yr old civic....these were on brand new Tesla Model S' with under 500 miles.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Too bad none of you guys are in the Raleigh NC area. While I might have the skill to do this I certainly dont have the time but I would need someone reliable to get this done! Any suggestions for someone in Raleigh NC??????
Thanks,
D

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Too bad none of you guys are in the Raleigh NC area. While I might have the skill to do this I certainly dont have the time but I would need someone reliable to get this done! Any suggestions for someone in Raleigh NC??????
Thanks,
D
Your two closest options are Jon @ Absolute Perfection Auto Detailing in Goldsboro, and Mike @ CMC Detailing in Huntersville. Mike does also provide mobile service and may be available to travel to Raleigh if necessary.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im doing work in Indiana and assume i will have a pretty solid winter. I don't have a garage. do you recommend anything to help with the winter weather that will protect my exterior.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Anyone in the sarasota area that will apply the cquartz coating?
Probably your closest option is to talk with Aaron Bodle @ Masterwork Detail up in Tampa; 727-858-6054.

Im doing work in Indiana and assume i will have a pretty solid winter. I don't have a garage. do you recommend anything to help with the winter weather that will protect my exterior.
Aside from making sure you have a good sealant or coating on the paint and trim, and avoiding automatic car washes with brushes or "soft cloths," I would refrain from brushing snow off of your car with anything that will make contact with the finish (try to leave a thin layer of snow on the paint), and use caution when using ice scrapers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for listening Dave, I polished and waxed my new C7 about a month ago. I want to try a couple new products so, do I need to do anything special during my next wash process? I can't believe I got another black car!

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Seems like the CQuartz Finest is a great finish when the car is properly prepped. Is there a well regarded CQuartz Finest Installer in/near Las Vegas?

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Seems like the CQuartz Finest is a great finish when the car is properly prepped. Is there a well regarded CQuartz Finest Installer in/near Las Vegas?
Yes, almost! He has been very busy expanding his business with a much larger shop. He hasn't started with Finest yet but we've spoken at length and will be working with him pretty soon. Ill email him now and see how his shop is coming and if he will be Finest ready soon.

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Yes, almost! He has been very busy expanding his business with a much larger shop. He hasn't started with Finest yet but we've spoken at length and will be working with him pretty soon. Ill email him now and see how his shop is coming and if he will be Finest ready soon.
Thanks. Look forward to learning more. ummm- RedHot might look even more beautiful!:cool:

1 - 20 of 230 Posts