Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Torch Red : The most "Look at me" color available. An immediate standout in traffic.
Black: The most evil and hardest to keep spotless, color. During its initial hour of detail completion, nothing beats this. It's FAR too menacing, both during the day and night.
Crystal Red: The "I want you to look at me, but don't stare too long." color.
Velocity Yellow: The contender to Torch Red as the "Look at me" color of the C7 vettes.
Laguna Blue: The "elegant/James Bond" option over the Torch Red. Still says "Look at me" but in more debonair style. "I'm not apologizing for anything, this is a sharp car."
Arctic White: The safe choice. The lines of the C7 still stand out, but the color disappears into the contrast of the rest of the car... ie, calipers, vents, etc.
Blade Silver: Great choice if you are relying on the matching colors that you chose with the car. Very tricky to get right, but not impossible.
Cyber Grey: Disappears into the pack/traffic.
Shark Grey: See Night Race Blue...holds potential but it's up to the owner.
Lime Rock Green: This just didn't work, repaint, turn it back in, or you are among the very few who enjoy this color.
Daytona Sunrise Orange: With all the colors available to you, THIS is what you picked....I dont think it will last.

So this is what I think...All in all, Chevrolet did an amazing job with the colors. Just maybe 3-4 too many.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting, although I don't view Arctic White as a safe choice. I saw a 3LZ Arctic White Z06 with an Adrenaline Red interior with comp seats and it was stunning in a very straight forward way. The white paint served as a canvass to show off the Carbon Flash trim, vents, spoilers, splitters, and complimenting red interior, and red calipers. It easily drew as much attention as the Torch Red and actually took first place in the C7 class at the show I attended.

I've never been attracted to white cars in general, however the C7(Z) rocks this color.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Cyber grey is menacing if done right. That means a blacked out scheme to include wheels and the carbon flash package, including blacking out the chrome strip on the grille. I personally like it with the red interior. With painted or chrome wheels though, it is pretty plain. I also think that all the colors, other than NRB or Black look great with the carbon flash package.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
AW safe color? Obviously you haven't been to any car shows where my white hot flame of a car is the very first place most people stop to look no matter where in the line my car is parked! Like moths to a flame, not safe!

Gusto!

Reactions: Henry427

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
For the Z06 guys, black should be changed to: "I'm Batman" lol

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Haha. This is funny. Here is my take:

Torch Red - I think I want to be noticed.
Yellow - I KNOW I want to be noticed, and send out an invitation for people to chat with me.
Orange - I KNOW I want to be noticed AND feared.
Long Beach Red - I am hungry. Give me a candied apple.
Long Beach Red with Kalahari - I am hungry. Give me a candied apple with drizzled caramel.
Laguna Blue - I am in love.
Black - I am stealthy.
Blade Silver - I shall go slicing through the air like a sword.
Shark Gray - I am a knight in shining armor.
White - I am the steed of the knight in shining armor.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
I just love it (/sarcasm) when people try to impose their taste on other people.

If the OP drove a DSOM Stingray, he'd understand just how positive the response to it is. I've had total strangers roll down their windows in traffic to tell me how much they love the color, and I've never gotten a negative response to it. Just last night I had a C7 owner tell me that he wishes DSOM had been available when he purchased, because he would have bought it for sure. Just because the OP doesn't like it is no reason for him to disparage people who do.

Edit: Buy and drive what you like, and let others do the same, without criticizing the choices of others. Even if it's an attempt at humor.

Reactions: owc6 and Henry427

·
Registered
471 Posts
OP clearly states that it is his artistic interpretation. This thread is simply Entertainment as there is no facts to support it, so enjoy it, challenge it, or else. But please don't be irritated about it.

By the way, here is my "Don't Look at Me" Color Stingray...

JLG
DSC_0379.JPG

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
By the way, my post in this thread on the previous page is totally meant to be fun and humorous, and not meant to offend anyone. Hopefully that shows through, especially with the Long Beach Red/Kalahari being a candy apple with caramel drizzle... Yum!

Reactions: C7Man and RCjr

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great thread. How many read this without taking the required "pinch of salt"? However I am actively in process of changing last name to Bond...at least I already have the accent :)

Reactions: ssscooter66 and JLG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just love it (/sarcasm) when people try to impose their taste on other people.

If the OP drove a DSOM Stingray, he'd understand just how positive the response to it is. I've had total strangers roll down their windows in traffic to tell me how much they love the color, and I've never gotten a negative response to it. Just last night I had a C7 owner tell me that he wishes DSOM had been available when he purchased, because he would have bought it for sure. Just because the OP doesn't like it is no reason for him to disparage people who do.

Edit: Buy and drive what you like, and let others do the same, without criticizing the choices of others. Even if it's an attempt at humor.
Nah, not "impose" nor "criticize;" simply my interpretation on the colors over an extremely sleek C7 body.
Honestly, DSOM is a unique color that exists in the "in -between."
It was the exact same reception back in the early 2000's when it was introduced on the Trans Am.
I think it can go either way depending on the accent/supporting colors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP clearly states that it is his artistic interpretation. This thread is simply Entertainment as there is no facts to support it, so enjoy it, challenge it, or else. But please don't be irritated about it.

By the way, here is my "Don't Look at Me" Color Stingray...

JLG
View attachment 39010
Exactly! I picked Torch Red for that reason, but there is an owner who has the Night Race Blue with accents that made me doubt my choice.
I feel like the lines and color of this car has the potential to be amazing in the right creative minds.

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,012 Posts
Laguna Blue: The "elegant/James Bond" option over the Torch Red. Still says "Look at me" but in more debonair style. "I'm not apologizing for anything, this is a sharp car."
You got Laguna Blue right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts