Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just love it (/sarcasm) when people try to impose their taste on other people.

If the OP drove a DSOM Stingray, he'd understand just how positive the response to it is. I've had total strangers roll down their windows in traffic to tell me how much they love the color, and I've never gotten a negative response to it. Just last night I had a C7 owner tell me that he wishes DSOM had been available when he purchased, because he would have bought it for sure. Just because the OP doesn't like it is no reason for him to disparage people who do.

Edit: Buy and drive what you like, and let others do the same, without criticizing the choices of others. Even if it's an attempt at humor.
If I may quote a line from the comedy classic "Stripes"... "Lighten up, Francis." The original post was simply an opinion piece meant to spark discussion with a smile. Let's face it, any of us that are driving around in a C7 are driving around in a "look at me" car because this car simply demands attention regardless of the color. While the colors represent different things and personalities, I think that the accent colors tell a story as well. I see those with chrome or silver wheels and body color mirrors and spoiler as displaying a confident elegance. Those of us with gloss black wheels and carbon flash mirrors and spoilers have vehicles that give off a sense of confidence with a hint of aggressiveness.

·
Registered
104 Posts
in a world of whys? I saw why not... Original poster, I like it, I enjoy hearing your opinion on this, and anyone else's on what they think of the colors, its fun

·
Registered
126 Posts
This 1/18 model is available at Costco for $14.00.
I'll have to swing by and grab one for my son for Christmas as he still hasn't forgiven me for getting Arctic White instead of Laguna Blue. :smug:

Reactions: C7Man

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Firebirdone, I think you could step up the look of your Torch Red by a simple addition: a narrow silver stripe to the outside of your black stripes, proportioned similar to the red ones on Norm's Z06. Say, 3/4" wide. I'm in the architecture and design field, and complimentary colors used in 3s or 5s have the most positive visual impact. Use a bright silver, close to that of the aluminum interiir trim, and all will look great!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Firebirdone, I think you could step up the look of your Torch Red by a simple addition: a narrow silver stripe to the outside of your black stripes, proportioned similar to the red ones on Norm's Z06. Say, 3/4" wide. I'm in the architecture and design field, and complimentary colors used in 3s or 5s have the most positive visual impact. Use a bright silver, close to that of the aluminum interiir trim, and all will look great!
Interesting, I'll have to play in photoshop to see how that looks. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'll have to swing by and grab one for my son for Christmas as he still hasn't forgiven me for getting Arctic White instead of Laguna Blue. :smug:
i got the Artic White because my wife really liked it. I was leaning towards the Torch Red. It's obvious the wife has more of say in color choice.

When I told my son I was leaning red and his mom white he sided with his mom. My wife said we raised a smart kid.

Gusto!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I find the biggest differences are the white, red and yellow versus the others.
I like the way the vents and trim stand out on the white red and yellow.
The black is so sinister looking you gotta love it. Love the Laguna blue and the Shark gray.
With so many combinations of wheels, interiors etc. you can find one in any color and love it.
Choosing a color is really really hard to me. Ive been thinking about it for months.
Personally I guess I feel the Torch Red really fits the car beautifully.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I don't see the comment for Night Race Blue, I don't know where my potential lies, LOL!

·
Registered
480 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1449033275.440071.jpg Don't look at me! I dare you not to look at me!

Of course that is why it moves me so, because I love to look at it almost as much as I love to drive it.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
2015 Corvette Z51, LT2 package, manual, convertible, torch red
19 Posts
I think this is an interesting thread. Among my various hobbies, I also paint acrylics. My daughter is a professional artist in NYC. Color does invoke emotion, but it varies person to person. The torch red hits my buttons with yellow and white close. The lines of the C7 definitely are affected by color choice. My friend Ed has a black convertible-- indeed sinister.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts