1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hope to see you there Mike, weather permitting. Sure hoping for a better forecast by the weekend. Thanks again for your help with ordering the C7 and the progress updates!
Rick Niland

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Seriously any other tips for first timers? I've talked with Mark JD and got some tips. We will be attending on Friday, so looking for any tips such as is there a special place for corvettes to park. What to do first or not to miss things etc.

Thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Seriously any other tips for first timers? I've talked with Mark JD and got some tips. We will be attending on Friday, so looking for any tips such as is there a special place for corvettes to park. What to do first or not to miss things etc.

Thanks Tom
First of all This Corvettes at Carlisle event is held on the Carlisle Fairgrounds of 90+ acres, if you walk every path its 14 miles! Wear new sneakers! There are big barns with vendors and cars inside, great displays etc...do not miss them. The Corvette for sale corral is a great way to get a feel for the marketplace for any generation Corvette. The Philadelphia Cheesesteaks are awesome as is the big chocolate chip cookies. If you are on a diet...cheat this weekend. Have a list of what you are looking for. Like for me I need:wax products, 2015 Z06 press kit etc etc so when I get there I usually look for what I want first and put the items in the car so I can walk hands free. The program has a great map of all the vendors etc, use it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
How many Corvettes do you think are there at the peak times on Friday and Saturday?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey Mike...good seeing you at Carlisle!

How many Corvettes were there? I have no clue. 1000's at least. There were acres, after acres of Corvettes! We traversed many miles of walkways and there were Corvettes EVERYWHERE! Decades ago we attended and the show was BIG. Now it is HUGE! Even with rain Thursday, some rain Friday, a constant mist and some rain on Saturday, it was just super!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

How many Corvettes were there? I have no clue. 1000's at least. There were acres, after acres of Corvettes! We traversed many miles of walkways and there were Corvettes EVERYWHERE! Decades ago we attended and the show was BIG. Now it is HUGE! Even with rain Thursday, some rain Friday, a constant mist and some rain on Saturday, it was just super!
I had the same question, so I asked one of the Carlisle Officials and he said they would see over 5K total for the 3 day weekend! I might have been standing near you because when my wife and I were talking to Mike, he said that the people that he was talking to behind us were his friends/customers from New York.

Good to see you there Mike! Enjoyed your Corvette Blogger interview. Funny story while there. I filled out the questionnaire at the Corvette Racing display just to get the free shirt and listed Chriswell as my dealer of preference. Within an hour I received an email and phone call from one of your co-workers who was ready to fix me up with a new Corvette. I had to break the news that I was already spoken for!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Asked wife, "did you ever think you would see so many Corvettes in one place?" She replied, "I didn't know there WAS this many Corvettes!"

·
Registered
817 Posts
I filled out the questionnaire at the Corvette Racing display just to get the free shirt and listed Chriswell as my dealer of preference. Within an hour I received an email and phone call from one of your co-workers who was ready to fix me up with a new Corvette. I had to break the news that I was already spoken for!
Same here times two! One Criswell rep for a Corvette and another for a Suburban. No moss growing under Criswell employee's feet!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

5,000 Corvettes this yr...rain stopped it being a full house like last yrs 8000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts