Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother-in-law is a truck driver and he snapped this photo about an hour ago at the toll booth. It's a load of Vettes that is just entering the bridge in Detroit crossing into Windsor!! He followed it across the bridge and into Windsor so they are officially here!!!!!!

IMG_8233(1).jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered in January, day after the launch and unfortunately I know for sure one of these is NOT mine. My order has been on the system for weeks and weeks waiting for GM to pick it up for production. I bet the majority of these are heading to Wilson Niblett as they are one of Canada's largest supplier. Maybe someone who ordered from them is about to get a new addition.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered mine Aug 6, but unfortunately mine is a convertible..Probably won't see mine till the snow flies and I forgot to order the snow tire option..LOL

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just came from my dealership picking up my new Sierra and sounds like my order has been picked up for production. No production date as yet. I wish we had the same tracking website as in the US.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just came from my dealership picking up my new Sierra and sounds like my order has been picked up for production. No production date as yet. I wish we had the same tracking website as in the US.
What code does that put you at? By the way, it did not look like a full truck. I think I only counted 5. I'm surprised they would only send so few cars, but I guess our destination charge is what makes that up. 1700 vs 995

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went 2000 yesterday. Here are the codes as posted by another user.

Code Description
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet*****anything before this code means Chevrolet does not know you******
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control ***this is where it starts moving*****
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced *****this should be 3 -4 weeks after 3000 if they have all the parts (search "constraints")*****
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer and was told the cars on that truck go to Oshawa first. For what reason he did not know. I guess all cdn buyersstill have to nbe patient a little longer

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh. Maybe Oshawa is the "Nashville" for Canada and they are going to do quality checks and the Canadian requirements and standards testing. Looking more and more like i'll need some Goodyear Blzzaks to bring the big dog home.

Reactions: jakesvette

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ahhh. Maybe Oshawa is the "Nashville" for Canada and they are going to do quality checks and the Canadian requirements and standards testing. Looking more and more like i'll need some Goodyear Blzzaks to bring the big dog home.
Did you order Z51? I read on this forum that there is a constraint on this package for new orders. I assume new orders mean cars not in production.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did. Z51, performance exhaust, magnetic ride, exposed Carbon roof, carbon dash. All the constrained components. :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
What exactly is a 'new' order. I put mine in end of aug and am still at prelim order stage, does that include me I guess?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would assume a new order would be anything before 2500 or 3000. Not sure how these things get queued. As I said I ordered mine in January but given that dealers didn't even have the car on their system until late July for config I would say pretty much the majority of the dealer allocations went in right around the same time. How GM picks them up for production is the unknownt

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine actually went 2000 on 9/12 and it's been sitting there since. I'm suspecting these constraints are going to mean a winter delivery

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got an update on my car which has been at 2000 since mid-Sep. According to GM it is now scheduled for a "Target Build" week of Oct. 28th. Constraints or no-constraints it seems ridiculous to wait this long given I made my intentions known in January. You would think that GM would have at least had parts inventory by now for the cars that were officially ordered back in July/Aug

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just got an update on my car which has been at 2000 since mid-Sep. According to GM it is now scheduled for a "Target Build" week of Oct. 28th. Constraints or no-constraints it seems ridiculous to wait this long given I made my intentions known in January. You would think that GM would have at least had parts inventory by now for the cars that were officially ordered back in July/Aug
Hey man, at least u have some information. I haven't heard a thing and GM doesn't know a thing when I last called.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you tried asking through the online chat at gm.ca? If you have your order number they will put in a call to Canadian ordering team and get an update.
Hey man, at least u have some information. I haven't heard a thing and GM doesn't know a thing when I last called.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts