Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer recommended Transmission service at 33,500 miles but I can't find the Normal service and maintenance schedule in the 2016 manual. The Severe schedule indicates 45,000 miles but nothing is listed under the Normal service schedule? Anyone have an answer what is the recommended Normal service to change the fluid and filter?

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
My dealer recommended Transmission service at 33,500 miles but I can't find the Normal service and maintenance schedule in the 2016 manual. The Severe schedule indicates 45,000 miles but nothing is listed under the Normal service schedule? Anyone have an answer what is the recommended Normal service to change the fluid and filter?
I don't believe the change trans fluid out falls into the normal schedule, it only appears in the severe section. If you are concerned about having it changed out or you think maybe the dealer is trying to drum up some extra business, unless there is an obvious problem, you can wait until you hit 45K.
I have a '16 A8, I had mine changed out around 43K, I was at the dealership anyhow, so had it done.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As I too drive my 2016 C7 Z51 A8 very little what is the recommended length of time to service my automatic transmission?
I picked up my new C7 in December 2015. I now have only 6K miles on it, almost new.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts