Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a month of delays in Long Beach and a two month ocean crossing my baby finally arrived in the harbor of Cagliari on Sardegna. To say the car is a head turner on the island is an understatement, just waiting on the Carabinieri to stop me now... Only transportation damage to the car are scuff marks on the wheels from the tie down straps, which are easy enough to fix and covered by the insurance.

Now the "fun" process of getting the car on Italian plates starts...
Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Even though the moving company did not disconnect the battery as they said they would, my baby started up instantly after 3 months of standing still.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Some of you might recognize a trend with my cars...
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

PS. That X6 xDrive 30d MHEV (with M-package) rides on bigger (22") and wider tires ( 275/35/22 & 315/30/22 ) than the C7!

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Congratulations! Looks great (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a month of delays in Long Beach and a two month ocean crossing my baby finally arrived in the harbor of Cagliari on Sardegna. To say the car is a head turner on the island is an understatement, just waiting on the Carabinieri to stop me now... Only transportation damage to the car are scuff marks on the wheels from the tie down straps, which are easy enough to fix and covered by the insurance.

View attachment 282791
Even though the moving company did not disconnect the battery as they said they would, my baby started up instantly after 3 months of standing still.
View attachment 282792
View attachment 282793
PS. That X6 xDrive 30d MHEV (with M-package) rides on bigger (22") and wider tires ( 275/35/22 & 315/30/22 ) than the C7!
W

View attachment 282791
View attachment 282792
View attachment 282793
O

View attachment 282791
View attachment 282792
View attachment 282793
One of the best post I have seen on the forum. Makes me smile even after this mornings rotator cuff surgery!! I was actually in Sardinia with the Navy in 1966. Beautiful island.

·
Registered
2021 C8 Torch Red Hardtop Convertible, 2LT package, Front lift, GT2 Seats, Red Interior, Red caliper
39 Posts
Just ENJOY driving it on those Italian roads!! Looking at the Sardinian roads in Google Maps makes me wish it was me driving in Italy again! Just wave at the Carabinieri when you pass them by! :cool:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
W
O
One of the best post I have seen on the forum. Makes me smile even after this mornings rotator cuff surgery!! I was actually in Sardinia with the Navy in 1966. Beautiful island.
You must have been stationed on “La Maddalena”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ENJOY driving it on those Italian roads!! Looking at the Sardinian roads in Google Maps makes me wish it was me driving in Italy again! Just wave at the Carabinieri when you pass them by! :cool:
First encounter was fun, “Buongiorno, where are you from?”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts