Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Richard, ouch and there's no way to avoid it while it's bouncing in your direction, but you did an excellent repair! Other than your standard dump trucks dropping debris everywhere we also have a lot of log trucks with flying limbs.

SF
Rick

Reactions: Richard Brubaker

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
I can imagine that gasp of terror when it hit, then that short sensation of rage, a few expletives at the offending source, then the "I hope it's not too bad".........Glad nothing vital, nice repair job. Are you mounting the stone for display?

·
Registered
10,543 Posts
Wow, that was a good repair job. Be thankful that it did not damage your radiator.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
Had to be scary when it happened. Nice job on fixing it! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Very similar thing happened nroute to the big bend open road race back in April except the truck was coming towards us....next thing you know a flying rock is inbound, I can't dodge it and smacks rightmost into the front windshield. The sound was like a firecracker exploding. My wife was like Nooooooooooooo. Too our surprise, Ultimately it left a very slight ding on the glass that if you weren't looking for it you can't see it.

Your repair job is excellent.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I can imagine that gasp of terror when it hit, then that short sensation of rage, a few expletives at the offending source, then the "I hope it's not too bad".........Glad nothing vital, nice repair job. Are you mounting the stone for display?
Norm, I can see mounting the rock with the story beside it, like those insurance commercials with the various incidents.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Wow! nice job!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your right Norm. Since it didn't come over the hood I was hoping I went over it before it bounced up again. Not lucky enough. Not mounting it but keeping it on the work bench. 3 1/2" long and a couple inches high. :)

IMG_3627.JPG

·
Registered
879 Posts
Richard
Nice repair, but I think this is the perfect excuse for buying a new 2018 C7..
Deep down I know you don't feel right driving a car that's being held together with Super Glue!!!!

Jack

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That is one big rock! Well done on the repair!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Great job on the grill. Looking on the bright side... Good thing that bolder didn't hit the windshield; hard to imagine what might have happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts