Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the expressway this afternoon and cruising at about 70 m.p.h. in RedHot when I spotted a full tire retread up right and rolling in front of me on the left side of my lane. I was astounded at how easily I could swerve the Stingray around the tire tread carcass and completely avoid it. The car kept its composure and really fluidly handled the abrupt change in direction. Very impressive.:cool:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks for sharing jsvette, glad to hear it handles as I expect it to. For me when I take delivery in April here in PA I expect that I will be dodging pot holes like you dodged the tire!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I was on a road last week outside ft laud with some really fast sweepers and a nice 3 mile s stretch, my " base" handles as well as any M car I've taken thru that route...and I've done em all, very impressed....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I agree on the handling. Was on a cruise with a local Corvette club, cruising on the highway at 75 or so, cars in front of me started swerving ahead of me, come upon a large dead animal in the middle of my lane, swerved to miss it, and felt totally in control of the car!!! I have the Z51 package, was in Sport driver mode, and it was solid. Not sure other cars would have handled so beautifully!!!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
jsvette, Tell us the real truth, you were out there cruising at 70mph and you decided to warm up your tires before you hit turn 1 at 200 plus (Daytona).

SF
Rick

·
Administrator
16,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jsvette, Tell us the real truth, you were out there cruising at 70mph and you decided to warm up your tires before you hit turn 1 at 200 plus (Daytona).
SF
Rick
:D Let's just say if I hypothetically were to exceed the posted speed limit it would be with prudence out in the desert or on a track. :cool:

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree on the handling. Was on a cruise with a local Corvette club, cruising on the highway at 75 or so, cars in front of me started swerving ahead of me, come upon a large dead animal in the middle of my lane, swerved to miss it, and felt totally in control of the car!!! I have the Z51 package, was in Sport driver mode, and it was solid. Not sure other cars would have handled so beautifully!!!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
I thought I was an odd ball wishing there was a Corvette club, like there is a Harley Davidson group/chapter that gets together and rides. How does one find a club, or group to cruise with? This is my second Vette and never new there was such a thing but always wished there was!

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, manual, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I thought I was an odd ball wishing there was a Corvette club, like there is a Harley Davidson group/chapter that gets together and rides. How does one find a club, or group to cruise with? This is my second Vette and never new there was such a thing but always wished there was!
Barb
Barb; Not to be a "stick in the mud", but these group rides can lead to trouble. I use to ride my bike with a big group and have participated in group car rides and have seen that the acts of a few can cause injury and / or traffic fines to those around them. I am sure there will be many here that will tell you how much fun it is to go on group rides and I will agree to a point, but IMO you have to know who you are sharing the road with. As I say one moron can ruin the whole experience.

·
18,670 Posts
Just googled "Corvette club: Atlanta, GA" and found several. Like all Corvette clubs, each has its own personality, so you might find your first one fits you well, or maybe the second one. Enjoyed being, (still am) in our local Corvette club for fifteen years.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Chip,
That's true, I was always afraid that someone would lay their bike down in front of me for doing something stupid. But then I ended up riding with friends of friends, it was awesome. Kinda wanted that experience in the Vette too. A charity cruise or a poker run would be awesome. Like I read here somewhere "Vettes for Vets", I would love to be a part of something like that. I don't need to go 150 mph on the Garden State Parkway, just 80 or 90. Ha ha ha, the group I rode Harley's with were very caring and kinda watched out for me. I guess that's what I thought it'd be like.

Barb
AW, jet black int., 2LT, manual, carbon flash hood stinger stripe & spoiler, exposed carbon fiber roof panel, red calipers, chrome 5 spoke, performance exhaust.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks Elegant, I will look into it. For some reason I can't quote.

Barb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts