Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I searched and found quite a few threads about batteries and when to replace and couldn't decide where to add this information. I thought it was a good map illustration of what general Battery Life Expectancy should be expected based on Geographical Zone Location.

I live in Michigan and my Battery was replaced about a month ago because she died and this Map is Spot on based on where I live because I died right around the 56 months.

My 2014 battery was first changed last month. My car also is used as a toy and nice weather driving and use the tender in winter months November - April/May.

I had about two hesitation starts in over about 45 days and then she died. The slight hesitation when starting was the warning sign that I ignored as I am one who tries to get the very maximum out of everything. If it is starting and working fine then I am not replacing so I had a great 5-yr run on the original battery and couldn't ask for more.

Based on this map I got exactly what I should have out of my battery here in Michigan.

I Hope this helps anyone with questions on Battery Life Expectancy! View attachment 276116 about
I bought a 2006 Z06 for myself when I retired from teaching in 2006. It was always garaged and kept on a battery tender. The battery lasted 7 years and 2 months(48k miles in that time) I wanted Delco to put the battery in the Delco Battery Hall of Fame. They laughed. lololololol I continue to do so, and get TREMENDOUS life out of my batteries. My motorcycle battery(Honda Super Blackbird) lasted 5 years which was way above the norm.

·
Registered
542 Posts
6 years + so far on my OEM. I fully expected and was ready to change it on a recent visit to AZ.... fired right up! It's kept on a C Tech maintainer in a garage that reaches 90+ in the hot days of the summer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I also live in Michigan like the OP. My battery died this spring 5 years old. Lucky for me I wasn't stranded, it happened in my garage.
I have also carried a portable jump pack for the last year and I have an AAA membership.
I was on another automotive forum that isn't brand or model specific and the consensus was you are living on borrowed time with any battery that is over 4 years old.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My original battery lasted about 37 months. I live in Florida and the heat is a battery killer. A day before the battery went completely dead,I noticed the engine turned over just a tad less than it normally did. A day or so later when I went to start it,it was dead. I bought a new one and installed it. So now with the new battery, I had gremlin issues with the display and the car was sending alerts to On Star saying my tires were under inflated . After starting it and driving it a few days it went back to normal.

·
Administrator
15,095 Posts
My original battery lasted about 37 months. I live in Florida and the heat is a battery killer. A day before the battery went completely dead,I noticed the engine turned over just a tad less than it normally did. A day or so later when I went to start it,it was dead. I bought a new one and installed it. So now with the new battery, I had gremlin issues with the display and the car was sending alerts to On Star saying my tires were under inflated . After starting it and driving it a few days it went back to normal.
When you installed the replacement, did you take your C7 out for a nice drive on the expressway? As noted in my replacement write-up, this seems to be the best thing to do to ensure the new battery is fully charged.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts