Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Battery Tender Question

27K views 93 replies 35 participants last post by  Administrator jsvette 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 StingRay and I am going to be out of town for 3½ weeks. I would like to keep a battery tender on the car so that when I get home, hopefully the battery will not be dead. Is there any problem keeping the car plugged into the tender for that long?

Thanks,

Rocky

#90 ·
Sure, I bought the same CKET charger as the one with the Corvette logo from Amazon at half the price. CKET makes them for all cars and custom brands them for Porsche, Ferrari etc etc. Like the one for the Vette they have less options. The one I have requires pressing a button to set for a small motorcycle battery etc. Easy to do.

Don't feel bad about paying the GM price, Ferrari gets 3 times the GM price! Buy the way, same with wheel locks. McGard makes those with a GM logo on the package. Just looked up the price for a C8 and GM gets $90 and can buy the identical locks at a discount on the Net for <$25.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.