Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The batter tender on my 2014 has indeed bit the dust. I would like to keep it since it came with the car. Does anyone know if theres a vendor, other than CTEK that can repair it? The CTEK representative said they don’t repair.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Best to just buy a new one. They aren't too expensive. My preference is to buy (at a slightly higher price) from the National Corvette Museum in support of a good cause. --Bob

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Good suggestion Bob. The tenders that they sell are exactly like the ones that come with the car. Larry could also reduce that cost by becoming a member of the National Corvette Museum. Members receive 10% to 15% discount depending on their membership level - Annual or Life Member.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best to just buy a new one. They aren't too expensive. My preference is to buy (at a slightly higher price) from the National Corvette Museum in support of a good cause. --Bob
Thank you. I plan on purchasing a new one. I was just wanting to get the original operational.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good suggestion Bob. The tenders that they sell are exactly like the ones that come with the car. Larry could also reduce that cost by becoming a member of the National Corvette Museum. Members receive 10% to 15% discount depending on their membership level - Annual or Life Member.
Good idea!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
If you're confident in your skills, you could probably remove the case from each and put the new tender in the original Corvette housing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If you're confident in your skills, you could probably remove the case from each and put the new tender in the original Corvette housing.
Despite my above advice to buy a new one, I have to confess that I used my skills a few years back to repair a Battery Tender. When backing my ZR-1 of the lift ramp, I felt a bump and discovered that I had forgotten to move the Battery Tender from behind the left front wheel. The normally rectangular box resembled a somewhat thin parallelogram. Without much hope, I took it down to my shop, got the cover off and concluded the insides in fact weren't damaged. So I wrestled and pushed the box back to its original shape and have been using it ever since without issue.--Bob

·
Registered
2016 Z51 2LT \ MRS \ 7 Speed
6 Posts
I may be late to the party but when I bought my 2016, the charger was missing so I bought the factory charger, making sure the part numbers matched, on Amazon. Then I bought the battery manager that Griots Garage sells for $89.99 and use that for my every day charger. I keep the delco charger only to have it since the factory sticker called for it. The Griots charger is used at least monthly in the summer and twice a month in the winter due to the power bleed these cars suffer from. So far, I am happy on all counts! Good luck with your decision! Bern

·
Registered
121 Posts
This CTEK model at Amazon is very highly rated (About $92):

Plus I recommend to get this cigarette plug adapter for easy charging on your Corvette (about $14):

Good luck.

·
Administrator
17,207 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Z51 2LT \ MRS \ 7 Speed
6 Posts
Gentlemen, I'm not looking to get into who thinks what is better, I could care less, just giving my thoughts on what i did.

·
Registered
73 Posts
FWIW we used the Battery Tender (not CTEK) for more years than we had our C7, which we just sold with over 100k miles after 8 2/3 years. Our OEM battery we changed after 7 years and it was still good- we’ve kept it.

The Battery Tender website makes a good case for their “charging algorithm”, but perhaps the CTEK’s is better? In my experience the Battery Tender costs less so is perhaps more cost effective(?).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts