Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the battery tender for the C7 will work on the C8? I have one & if it doesn't I'll include it when I sell the c7

·
Administrator
16,232 Posts
Does anyone know if the battery tender for the C7 will work on the C8? I have one & if it doesn't I'll include it when I sell the c7
If you have a CTEK or the CTEK version OEM maintainer, it will work on the C8.

Reactions: Taber10 and Denyce

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
140 Posts
I've used the Deltran Battery Tender Plus units for a lot of years on every Vette I've had and they work perfectly. My C7 Premier Edition is plugged into one right now due to leg surgery. The C7 actually has a built in plug inside the "trunk" area for it. Wouldn't be without them!

A friend of mine also uses them on his 911

·
Registered
684 Posts
12v is 12v.. Yes, as long as you don't have a Li-ion or Ni-metal hydride battery, (meaning you have some sort of lead acid, AGM battery) any battery maintainer will work,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the factory package, so I guess that will work! thanks Jeff
12v is 12v.. Yes, as long as you don't have a Li-ion or Ni-metal hydride battery, (meaning you have some sort of lead acid, AGM battery) any battery maintainer will work,
thanks all that will save me some $$ on the new Vette yet have the battery support.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure of this, as I have not seen a Vette that someone ordered without a battery tender, but without including a battery tender on your purchase order you may not have the receptacle in the trunk in which to plug the tender.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not sure of this, as I have not seen a Vette that someone ordered without a battery tender, but without including a battery tender on your purchase order you may not have the receptacle in the trunk in which to plug the tender.
No, no no... all C8s (and C7s for that matter) have the plug in the frunk.. doesn’t matter if you order the battery maintainer with the extra corvette tax or not.

There is nothing special about the Corvette’s battery or electrical system.

·
Administrator
16,232 Posts
No, no no... all C8s (and C7s for that matter) have the plug in the frunk.. doesn’t matter if you order the battery maintainer with the extra corvette tax or not.

Slight correction, the dedicated outlet for charging the C7 is in the trunk.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ordered the Battery tender with my C7 Z06 and it works so well I bought 2 more and use them in my 2 C2 Sting Rays.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have use the battery tender on my '19 Corvette ever since I bought in new in July of 2018. I store my Vette from October until May for the past 3 years.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yep

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use the the the battery tender that came with my '19 Corvette Stingray. I have used it from October 2018 till now. I have it on from October until April. No problems. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts