Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody happens to see a LRG convertible or coupe (in person or by picture) with full CG stripes please post it in this thread. I've got this picture, but it's not very good and I would love to see more pictures of it before I make any decisions. Thanks.

LRG W STRIPES.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
i saw a CGM vert with a Kalahari top yesterday at a local dealer. just awful. terrible combination. why am i bringing this up? ask yourself this. pretend the base-color is a sports coat and the stripes are pants. would you pair a green jacket with gray pants? probably not. green and grey are not universally understood as complimentary colors, not even in the tertiary sense.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
i saw a CGM vert with a Kalahari top yesterday at a local dealer. just awful. terrible combination. why am i bringing this up? ask yourself this. pretend the base-color is a sports coat and the stripes are pants. would you pair a green jacket with gray pants? probably not. green and grey are not universally understood as complimentary colors, not even in the tertiary sense.
I think that shows how different we all are...A kalahari top and interior, CG exterior with gray brakes, I think is very upscale looking. My only hesitation would be the wear marks on the Kal top in a few years....The Verts are much more positioned to be a GT/luxury touring car along with the others at the country club/law office (not a slam) - than a ball busting torch red/black track monster. So "boardroom" color combinations are going to fly much better with Verts

Again, all my opinion...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that shows how different we all are...A kalahari top and interior, CG exterior with gray brakes, I think is very upscale looking. My only hesitation would be the wear marks on the Kal top in a few years....The Verts are much more positioned to be a GT/luxury touring car along with the others at the country club/law office (not a slam) - than a ball busting torch red/black track monster. So "boardroom" color combinations are going to fly much better with Verts

Again, all my opinion...
agreed. we all have ideas about what looks good/appropriate. i was making a statement more so about the next buyer and whether they would feel the same about the LRG/CGM combo, or if it would be a tough sell.

i also failed to mentioned the red calipers and hideous, HIDEOUS five-spoke chrome wheels on the aforementioned CGM/KAL. she looked like a desperate cougar at closing time. very gauche, imo.

8258392225x640.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts

Again, all my opinion...
Thanks Glen, I was starting to doubt my decision to purchase the cyber grey/kalahari vert I'm picking up in Bowling Green on Friday. I agree that this is a "classier" look. I love the torch red/black and vl/black look for certain situations. Even the cgm/black. My current C6 vert is red/beige but With this one I decided to go with a classier look. Have to admit though that I do not like the red calipers with this color combo though. But, to everyone who is fortunate enough to own one of these wonderful vehicles, regardless of the color combo......ENJOY!

·
Administrator
16,595 Posts
agreed. we all have ideas about what looks good/appropriate. i was making a statement more so about the next buyer and whether they would feel the same about the LRG/CGM combo, or if it would be a tough sell.
i also failed to mentioned the red calipers and hideous, HIDEOUS five-spoke chrome wheels on the aforementioned CGM/KAL. she looked like a desperate cougar at closing time. very gauche, imo.
droideka: I appreciate the right to state your personal tastes, but I also think you should consider the fact that any color combination is a matter of personal taste, that while not necessarily appealing to you may in fact appeal to others. None of us are so foresighted that we can accurately predict what a buyer may think when searching for a used car at the exact time that we put our car on the market. We may think we know, but it always comes down to that one individual who sees your car and says that it is exactly what they want. Lastly, while I said I appreciate the right for you to state your personal tastes, I don't feel you need to state it twice for emphasis in the same post, and in all caps and then put a zinger on at the end. Please consider stating your tastes more simply and I think others will have more respect for them.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I've worn a lot of stuff I wouldn't want on a car, and likewise I've had colors on a car I wouldn't wear in a suit (like a pearl yellow 94 Stealth Twin Turbo ;)) but that being said, while green isn't my favorite color, it's not my car (plus no one asked me lol); however, I do like the silver stripes against this green! I look forward to seeing more pics!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Call me old school, but I love chrome wheels. I'm a child of the 60's and Chrome wheels were the rage. I still love them! Don't get me wrong, some of the cars look sharp with black wheels, they are just not my cup-o-tea for my ride. I like Black Chrome, but not black. That is what is fun about owning cars, everyone can get or modify to their own taste. It is disrespectful to belittle someone else's taste just because it doesn't match your own. That's what makes us all unique, having different opinions and tastes. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
droideka: I appreciate the right to state your personal tastes, but I also think you should consider the fact that any color combination is a matter of personal taste, that while not necessarily appealing to you may in fact appeal to others. None of us are so foresighted that we can accurately predict what a buyer may think when searching for a used car at the exact time that we put our car on the market. We may think we know, but it always comes down to that one individual who sees your car and says that it is exactly what they want. Lastly, while I said I appreciate the right for you to state your personal tastes, I don't feel you need to state it twice for emphasis in the same post, and in all caps and then put a zinger on at the end. Please consider stating your tastes more simply and I think others will have more respect for them.
understood. i've already responded to another mod via pm. i will keep it in check in the future. besides, i don't expect anyone to have respect for my tastes as it is since i'm putting yellow calipers on a dark grey car. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Call me old school, but I love chrome wheels. I'm a child of the 60's and Chrome wheels were the rage. I still love them! Don't get me wrong, some of the cars look sharp with black wheels, they are just not my cup-o-tea for my ride. I like Black Chrome, but not black. That is what is fun about owning cars, everyone can get or modify to their own taste. It is disrespectful to belittle someone else's taste just because it doesn't match your own. That's what makes us all unique, having different opinions and tastes. :)
in 1985, my first car was a 1964 ford fairlane coupe in black w/cragar mags. it was a sick look at the time on that particular car (or any 60's muscle car for that matter), but i have no appreciation for chrome on modern vehicles.

i guess i won't share that next time. :)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Not a fan of chrome on wheels due to the way some groups wrecked the look with spinners, etc.....but it does clean easy and vette has used them for years so many like it. Polished alloy for me, still a bit of bling but not chrome. This is my fav wheel of all time, but too many $ for me.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, as they say....differences in taste and style is what makes us unique....I love Chrome on my C3 hate it on my C7....

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I like rims which are light colored. I remember the first time I saw dark colored rims many years ago. From a distance, I thought the person really needed to clean the brake dust off their rims. To this day, dark rims are still not for me.

If it floats your boat, that is all that matters. I know many of you would definitely not like the look on how I will configure my car. It is okay; we are all different. We can be different and still be respectful.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I like rims which are light colored. I remember the first time I saw dark colored rims many years ago. From a distance, I thought the person really needed to clean the brake dust off their rims. To this day, dark rims are still not for me.

Cheers!
agreed...the bronze ones are the ones that look "dirty" to me

·
Administrator
16,595 Posts
What happened here? :confused: It was such a simple request....
It is a bit puzzling for sure- maybe some readers got off track by the thread title, or the tilt of the earth, or... Why not close this thread and repost your request under the LRG thread?:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.