Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can't move south. Married midwest farmers daughter's lol.
You could do worse!

Since you are stuck with cold winters, I would add this about running the engine. I personally believe it is OK to start the car and just let it idle, but I always try to keep it running long enough to reach full operating temperature. This is defined in the owners manual as being 175°F, and is exhibited by the yellow dashed lines on the tach disappearing. If, at this point, you have condensation in the exhaust system, one could try to clear that out by revving the engine a few times, but who can resist doing that anyway.

I hope you are able to resolve your beeping problem soon.

Reactions: JR CUNNINGHAM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little embarrassed about this one. Main thing is the car has zero issues whew.

Now to the embarrassing shit. It was my damn garage door opener that is right above the car. Shut the breaker off and bam no more chirps.

I apologize in advance for my ignorance and taking up anyone's time. I did enjoy hearing your feedback and will definitely read out in the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Laughing with you bud . Kinda felt it was going to be something very simple or obvious. Didn't want to piss you off by suggesting something like this.
Glad you got it handled.
And trust me most of us have been here.
Recently one of my old hot rods interior lights stopped working. I was so frustrated trying to track it down envisioned a rewire or a big electrical issue. Opened the trunk no lights. Opened the drivers door no interior lights. Pulled fuses etc. After a few days of this i went around to the passenger door and opened it to crawl under dash. BAM the lights came on! Turned out to be the door frame plunger switch had some rust Simple fix .
Also a good lesson for anyone who has a vehicle not driven on a regular basis. Don't wash your cars and then put them away for long periods without taking them out to get all the water out of the nooks and grannies...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Great news that you solved the beeping and that it has nothing to do with your C7! And no worries, almost all of us have had similar duh moments many times. Not wasting anyone's time-- we all get to learn from one another. And the beauty of a forum, is you are free to pick and chose what you want to read, interact with and ignore.

Again, glad you found us and that you are here!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Glad to hear that's all it was! Sometimes it just helps to eliminate the obvious variables... now where is that damn smoke alarm... ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Glad to hear that's all it was! Sometimes it just helps to eliminate the obvious variables... now where is that damn smoke alarm... ;)
That reminds me of the time I messed with a smoke detector for about a week while it beeped (very) intermittently. Finally traced it down to the CO detector at the bottom of the stairs. So hard to trace intermittent beeps.

@JR CUNNINGHAM : Sure glad you solved the mystery. I was thinking that the only beeps I have ever heard from my C7 is from the car horns, like the 3 in rapid succession when it thinks someone may have tried to break into it. (That happened at a hotel where I stayed, and my car beeped at me as I turned the corner toward the parking lot. I figured someone may have tried the door opening button.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That reminds me of the time I messed with a smoke detector for about a week while it beeped (very) intermittently. Finally traced it down to the CO detector at the bottom of the stairs. So hard to trace intermittent beeps.

@JR CUNNINGHAM : Sure glad you solved the mystery. I was thinking that the only beeps I have ever heard from my C7 is from the car horns, like the 3 in rapid succession when it thinks someone may have tried to break into it. (That happened at a hotel where I stayed, and my car beeped at me as I turned the corner toward the parking lot. I figured someone may have tried the door opening button.)

I'm still embarrassed as all get out. But I'm sleeping much better now haha

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
@white_out - I had the exact same thing happen in a bedroom! Changed the smoke detector battery twice, and STILL didnt fix it... so i disconnected the dam thing from the electricity, then a few minutes later.... BEEP!! I thought i was going nuts...turned out to be the CO detector on the wall behind a chair...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
I'm still embarrassed as all get out. But I'm sleeping much better now haha
Don't be embarrassed. Stuff happens. Also, thank you for being candid and telling us what happened. Don't be upset if some of us got a good laugh out of it. As one of my sisters says, "They are not laughing at me, they are laughing with me."

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Don't know if you get the TV show Modern Family but there is a great episode with Phil trying to chase down a "beeb" through out the house. May be available on You Tube...
Again don't beat yourself up over it most of us been there and done that. And the rest don't want to admit it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm really glad I joined the stingray forum. No doubt in my mind I know someone will be willing to reach out in the future should I have any issues at all. I appreciate everyone's response. Now hurry up winter and get over with. Knock on wood this Iowa winter had been good to us. Record setting temps in December

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sorry for you as we will be in the 80s tomorrow in Los Angeles.
Great weather unfortunately it's in California...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 33 of 33 Posts