Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for asking questions about the immediately-below, "STOP: Before Ordering" thread. Ask questions, post additional information, add information, etc., here please AFTER you have read that information thread.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is there actually a way of proving if a dealership has allocation? Or we're suppose to take their word for it. If they don't, how long before they'll get allocation if they don't have any now if an order is placed with them?

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zimm888,

Do not know if you've read the attendant thread, "STOP: Before Ordering," as it addresses your question, however, short of a dealer actually showing a written allocation document from GM, which I have never seen any dealer do, don't know if you will ever see "scientific proof." That thread will help however, for you to get a really good feel for whether a dealer currently has allocation.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thx elegant. I just don't want to pull my order, then go to another and have a rly good feeling only and end up in the same place lol. It's kinda bs it can't be proved or looked up anywhere online. And like you mentioned, good luck with a proof of allocation document.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When a nation dealer posts on line that they just got a second round allocation of 202 coupes and 89 convertibles, and this person has a long term, national reputation of honesty and integrity, I personally would believe that. PM me if you want the dealer's name.

·
Registered
429 Posts
To those who haven't yet ordered....I will try not to pontificate. As a background, I'm a novice at Corvettes. Saw this car and, at this stage of life, decided through pure emotion that I wanted to have one. When I ordered in July, there was not nearly as much info available as there is now. Being an early adopter, at this point in my life, was a stretch. I ordered in JULY and should hopefully have my car within 10-14 days. If I had to order all over, I may have made some different option choices but nothing that has changed my original decision. The wait and delays haven't been easy for me BUT given the amount of common sense and expertise demonstrated by many of the moderators and posters, YOU have a great advantage. Listen to these folks. They know and they care. Folks like elegant and talon90 and many others know how the company works and the dealerships operate. You will need to make choices on "must have" features vs. "nice to haves." No diff than if you were buying a big screen TV or a house. Choose the options that you "must have" and evaluate the options that you would "like to have" against your personal financial objectives. Finalize your configuration, don't look back, and follow the suggestions of those who know how to select a dealer or, at very least, one that can provide the info that 'elegant' suggests. Clearly, Chevy and their suppliers could probably have handled this launch much better but I'm sure things will smooth out. This is a good forum. These folks know the dealer issues and what to recommend and will help you navigate the bumps in the road.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Is the allocation piece and apparent shortages due to the new C7 platform and release? When the 2015 releases next fall will it be a similar situation, or will things be more "normal"?

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Is the allocation piece and apparent shortages due to the new C7 platform and release? When the 2015 releases next fall will it be a similar situation, or will things be more "normal"?
Presumably the limitation of only 900 dealers throughout the entire Chevrolet network being able to sell C7s will be lifted by the time the 2015 is released if not sooner. There will possibly be more model options available at that time, though all is speculation currently. For example, when the 2014 was first announced they indicated that the Stingray may only be on both the base and Z51 for the 2014 year, but a C7 base would be introduced in 2015 without the Stingray name. Also there will probably be the equivalent of Z06/Z07 versions released. Clearly the rush to have one of the first ones will not be a factor come next model year. So perhaps it will be more "normal" at that time. We will find out in do time :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
So when is the six digit "R" order code generated and by whom, dealer, GM. .?? Traded, (sold) my C6 to the "largest Corvette dealer" in this state, on Sept 24, as a down payment, (deposit), realizing that that there were constraints on the Z51, and giving them the information and options I want on my new C7...Got a "window sticker" printout of the information and options after we settled on an Out The Door price and told them I wanted to get the "R" code when they have it.....So far no info from them....Anyone have the answer to my question in first sentence ??? Meeting with dealer tomorrow...Need good honest info to go in with...Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
So when is the six digit "R" order code generated and by whom, dealer, GM. .?? Traded, (sold) my C6 to the "largest Corvette dealer" in this state, on Sept 24, as a down payment, (deposit), realizing that that there were constraints on the Z51, and giving them the information and options I want on my new C7...Got a "window sticker" printout of the information and options after we settled on an Out The Door price and told them I wanted to get the "R" code when they have it.....So far no info from them....Anyone have the answer to my question in first sentence ??? Meeting with dealer tomorrow...Need good honest info to go in with...Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
read this whole thread...

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...-stop-before-ordering-useful-information.html

·
Registered
220 Posts
Deposit

I've read here about refundable and non-refundable deposits. Which are they typically, and for how much?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I've read here about refundable and non-refundable deposits. Which are they typically, and for how much?
totally depends on the dealership you deal with...usually 2000-5000 bucks...

·
Registered
873 Posts
My dealer did not require a deposit until Chevrolet actually picked up the order (status 2000 or higher,) and then only asked for $1000. We payed the balance when the car was invoiced, as we did Museum delivery.

·
Registered
220 Posts
No deposit required from my dealer either. They sell so many, and the C7 I ordered is not "unusual"; they would have no problems selling it should something happen and I could not take delivery. Heck, I even got $2K off MSRP! 6 more weeks!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Anyone have Info on ordering a 2015. production dates etc. I want the new Gray Tigershark/ fusion what ever. also looking at the PDR if the price is not to far out there.

·
Registered
220 Posts
No deposit required from my dealer either. They sell so many, and the C7 I ordered is not "unusual"; they would have no problems selling it should something happen and I could not take delivery. Heck, I even got $2K off MSRP! 6 more weeks!!!
Clarkster, that sounds great! Which dealer did you go to? I wonder if I could get a "courtesy" delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
220 Posts
Clarkster, that sounds great! Which dealer did you go to? I wonder if I could get a "courtesy" delivery.

Hey Racerbob - I went with one of the biggies. Rick "Corvette" Conti with Coughlin Chevrolet out of Columbus, OH.
COUGHLIN CHEVROLET | CORVETTE of Pataskala
EMAIL RICK HERE; [email protected]
1-800-755-3623 or
CELL & TEXT: 740-739-8377

Here's his blog: Rick Corvette Conti » Blog Archive » 2014 Stingray Order STATUS Updates

He's a great guy. Several forum members have ordered through him. He shoots you straight and has tons of allocations. If you contact him, let him know Clarkster says hi.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts