Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal for my C7 Z51 is to have it sound more agressive. I'd like to keep the awesome corvette sound, just amplify it. I want to stay away from popping, high pitched sounds. Sorry I am not more technical in my description other than that.

My goal is also not to have to tune my car or potentially voiding the warranty. I've been talking to some people and from what I hear, American Racing makes headers that do not throw a code or require a tune. I heard Kooks has a version, a lot more expensive, that has the same effect, but doesn't sound as good.

I've heard a Corsa X Pipe-- and it didn't sound all that different to me.

Just curious what your thoughts are or if any of you have ideas.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Not a lot of options for what you want. With the factory motor and in stock configuration most will just sound louder.

Headers, Cam, Tune, Xpipe etc. ---- completely different story.

·
18,670 Posts
American Racing makes quality and great sounding products, but if that is their claim that you can put on their headers on a C7 without a tune, well, you can do that for any/every set of headers, but if American Racing further says that it is foolproof in not potential causing a problem for your motor later, how do I say this consistent with this forum's values and guidelines, IMO,not buying it.

Love the sound of their headers, and BTW, most independent tests have shown that the C7's factory system is so efficient that headers, without a tune, headers add 8-10 HP (not like the old days when 20+ was typical).

UPDATE: And, my reason for my doubling back here and posting more, is I just visited their site, and can not find on American Headers' site their claim that your can add their headers without a tune (without a consequent problem on any C7), nor similar wordage (though possible I missed it).

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,616 Posts
And, welcome aboard. Hope you get the answer you're looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts