Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently selling my SL 65 and am interested in ordering a Z06. Since it is now late in the game to be ordering the Z06, I was wondering if it is best to go with a local dealer in the DFW metroplex that may not have such a long waiting list or to go with a national leader in sales that is likely to get a larger allocation. Is it best to have refundable deposits at multiple dealers? Thank you for your suggestions

·
18,669 Posts
Here is a partial answer to your important questions , and I have sent you a private message with more information. First, as your post envisions, you are going to face a major challenge, and here are some important background considerations.

*There will not be enough 2015 Z06's to meet demand. My best guess is that 10,000 potential purchasers will be committed to buying one, but probably about 4,000 will be made during the 2015 six-month production window.

*Charges about list will be the norm, with some dealers in southern CA and Florida will ask $25K over list, quite possibly twice that. Many will claim they laid list, but truth be known later, that will percentage wise be very atypical.

*We know there will be constraints. http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/corvette-z06-purchasing/2714-2015-z06-constraints.html

*The highest allocation dealers will not only get the greatest amount of Z06's (duh), but they will also be preferences by GM when awarding allocations when Z06 orders contain constraints.

*Getting a 2015 Z06, my best projection, will be many multiple times harder than was getting a Z-51 coupe was for the first nine months of the 2014 model year, and members who have been on this forum for months remember how many folks tried (and failed) to get a Z-51 coupe from a dealer with little or not allocation, with many months later moving to large allocation dealers and getting their StingRays, others either not getting a 2014 at all, others giving up and buying another brand sports car.

Sorry, I will not respond, but I am sure others will, to your specific strategy question as to multiple deposits or not.

Perhaps, I can best answer your question as to what I would now do, if in your identical situation, and that is that I would only be considering working with the very, very top allocation dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts