Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I would be very careful of ever purchasing from a vendor called corvettemods. I purchased the carbon fiber overlay (sticker) for the flag symbols on my 2014 C7 through corvettemods.

Let me start off with the fact that I am a dentist. My daily work is in the realm of millimeters and I am very exact with my work. Cleaning and prepping prior to installation and the actual install (following the directions on the sheet of paper included) was a breeze.

Now the product, there are ridges in the actual symbol so some of the parts were not a perfect fit. However with heat, you could minimize how much of the original symbol could be seen and spread/mold the material over the ridges.

Now after the install the product looks great, over the next 4-5 hours I periodically squeeze the edges to make sure that nothing "flaps up" like tint does sometimes on the edges.

Well, I go out for a ride and in less than 15 hours a piece of the material had fractured off. Now, this was not an aggressive ride and the ride was to the market (10 min). As fast as this car is, I am terrified of bumps and tickets in my area. I go at max 5 over the speed limit. Here is a picture of the fracture. It looks like it fractured at it's weak point (the skinniest section) and flapped off.

Now if it was a rock, I figure there would be dings or scratches around the symbol or my hood. There were none. So, I am thinking that this is a manufacturer's defect. Well I ask for a replacement from corvettemods and there response was this:

"this has not been a problem on correctly installed pieces. How did you prep the surface"

Now to me, this seems like a "let's drop this off on the buyer due to negligence of following directions." This response is not only a little offensive but not how I would do business.

If you ask me, buy from a company that backs up their product and doesn't put the blame on you off the bat. RPI is a company in which I bought a tint from that wasn't reaching all the way around the light. I informed them of this and they sent a new set. Problem fixed. I know things are not perfect and it's hard to get a perfect fit when you mass produce something. They just don't always match up right, they never are and they never will be. You can only make the best of it. I understand that. However, it is the customer service that really makes or breaks a company.

Corvettemods seems to be giving me the runaround. So... does anyone care about a 25 dollar product? No. But if they do this with a simple product like this. Would you want to actually invest into anything larger with them? I for one am very dismayed at this response and would not continue actually spending "real money" with them until this is resolved.

In my field of work, if I do a simple filling and if there is a problem with it like it breaks. I just fix it. I don't nickel dime someone. That is why they come back to do more expensive work because there is now a trust of being taken cared of. This is currently not what I am experiencing with corvettemods.

Afterwards, they were very rude and said they were done with me as a customer and blocked off any contact.

IMG_1053.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
crappy "small time" trinket seller. Any bets on "made in China" emblems, disguised as "made in USA) ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey guys,

I would be very careful of ever purchasing from a vendor called corvettemods. I purchased the carbon fiber overlay (sticker) for the flag symbols on my 2014 C7 through corvettemods.

Let me start off with the fact that I am a dentist. My daily work is in the realm of millimeters and I am very exact with my work. Cleaning and prepping prior to installation and the actual install (following the directions on the sheet of paper included) was a breeze.

Now the product, there are ridges in the actual symbol so some of the parts were not a perfect fit. However with heat, you could minimize how much of the original symbol could be seen and spread/mold the material over the ridges.

Now after the install the product looks great, over the next 4-5 hours I periodically squeeze the edges to make sure that nothing "flaps up" like tint does sometimes on the edges.

Well, I go out for a ride and in less than 15 hours a piece of the material had fractured off. Now, this was not an aggressive ride and the ride was to the market (10 min). As fast as this car is, I am terrified of bumps and tickets in my area. I go at max 5 over the speed limit. Here is a picture of the fracture. It looks like it fractured at it's weak point (the skinniest section) and flapped off.

Now if it was a rock, I figure there would be dings or scratches around the symbol or my hood. There were none. So, I am thinking that this is a manufacturer's defect. Well I ask for a replacement from corvettemods and there response was this:

"this has not been a problem on correctly installed pieces. How did you prep the surface"

Now to me, this seems like a "let's drop this off on the buyer due to negligence of following directions." This response is not only a little offensive but not how I would do business.

If you ask me, buy from a company that backs up their product and doesn't put the blame on you off the bat. RPI is a company in which I bought a tint from that wasn't reaching all the way around the light. I informed them of this and they sent a new set. Problem fixed. I know things are not perfect and it's hard to get a perfect fit when you mass produce something. They just don't always match up right, they never are and they never will be. You can only make the best of it. I understand that. However, it is the customer service that really makes or breaks a company.

Corvettemods seems to be giving me the runaround. So... does anyone care about a 25 dollar product? No. But if they do this with a simple product like this. Would you want to actually invest into anything larger with them? I for one am very dismayed at this response and would not continue actually spending "real money" with them until this is resolved.

In my field of work, if I do a simple filling and if there is a problem with it like it breaks. I just fix it. I don't nickel dime someone. That is why they come back to do more expensive work because there is now a trust of being taken cared of. This is currently not what I am experiencing with corvettemods.

Afterwards, they were very rude and said they were done with me as a customer and blocked off any contact.

View attachment 7510
If you're a dentist, you should be able to afford something better than crappy overlays...
try the carbon flash metallic painted flags from RPI Designs...they will paint them anyway
you want them, and only 50 bucks or so more than what you bought...of course you will
have to remove original flags, but doesn't sound like a problem for handy guy like you....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahahaha it took forever to get that goo off the back after de badging the corvette insignia. But I agree, having one painted is a better option. I just thought this would be a quick fix, but clearly was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not looking to mod my corvette once I get it, but this might have been something that caught my eye. Thanks for the read on your experience with this company. It'll make me think twice before wasting any money no matter how cheap it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts