Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Future Product? We learned about this from a communication from Lori Bieschke, NCM Delivery Manager, to "Clarkster." The notice specifically said,

"Yesterday we received notice that the Plant is scheduled to have future product on line the week of March 10th. During this time frame tours/access of the faculty will not be available. According to my schedule you have plans to be here on the 12th of March. I’m so sorry about this. Please advise me as to how you would like to proceed."

Sorry Clarkster. Hope you can reschedule your Museum Delivery so you can get the plant tour!!!

We have already seen the 2015 Z06, so what would "future product" be?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It could just be more Z06's for testing. Although it's announced it's still a 2015 that isn't in production so it might qualify to close the plant for tours.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Could be, as "mjw930" suggested, they are running the first or second batch of Z06 "integration validation engineering release (IVER) vehicles," that will be used to field test suspension, drivetrain, powertrain, handling, and many other systems? Or, as "Redc7" suggested, assembling a Z06 convertible?

Been thinking that if there were a Z06 convertible coming, it would be released just under four weeks from now at the March 6th Geneva Auto Show (where Corvette convertibles have been traditionally released the last few generations) -- but that show starts before plant is being shut down for that week.

Probably not 2015 StingRay's, because as we have all agreed with the end of 2014's on Friday, August 8th, and the 2015 production starting three days later, there will be few 2015 model year changes which require different plant manufacturing equipment or techniques. Thus, not thinking that the March plant shutdown has anything to do with the 2015 StingRay model year.

Only other option I can think of, is that GM is changing recent tradition, introducing the 2015 Z06 convertible at the New York Auto Show which starts on April 18th. We know that the two 2015 Z06's shown at NAIAS, "Rolex 24 Hours," and currently at the Chicago Auto Show were made at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. Is it possible that BGAP March 10-14 "future product" will be a 2015 Z06 convertible(s)?

All the above are, as of yet, our "collective guessings." Wouldn't it be nice if we were to know what is going on the week of March 10-14!

Other ideas?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, kinda bummed about my appointment being scratched, but my salesman, Rick, says there should be no problem expecting my C7 a week EARLIER....so I've asked Lori if she'll make it for 5 March instead. If so, my flight will get changed immediately! :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It could just be more Z06's for testing. Although it's announced it's still a 2015 that isn't in production so it might qualify to close the plant for tours.
I was thinking this as well at first. Even though it was announced and shown officially it's still a future car. So it could be this whole corporate policy thing.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Z's body panels, rear fascia and more are so very different, that initial assembly might be time-consuming/challenging, with equipment needing "fine tuning," etc., so, perhaps the assembly line process would not be pretty that week, instead of the "parts, equipment, and people dance" that we usually see.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Future Product? We learned about this from a communication from Lori Bieschke, NCM Delivery Manager, to "Clarkster." The notice specifically said,

"Yesterday we received notice that the Plant is scheduled to have future product on line the week of March 10th. During this time frame tours/access of the faculty will not be available. According to my schedule you have plans to be here on the 12th of March. I’m so sorry about this. Please advise me as to how you would like to proceed."

Sorry Clarkster. Hope you can reschedule your Museum Delivery so you can get the plant tour!!!

We have already seen the 2015 Z06, so what would "future product" be?
Got an email back from Lori - she's rescheduled me for 5 March....so it's ALL GOOD! :cool:

Reactions: elegant

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Clarkster, that is excellent news. So glad this will still work out for you, for the plant tour is extra special (and far more detailed/personal than the fun public tours).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts