Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered an AW C7 Z51 in 1/18 scale from Maisto.

I painted the interior flat black, painted the roof to simulate the clear roof, painted the Carbon Flash Package on, painted rims since I couldn't find chrome, and painted the Stinger Hood Stripe so it matches my real C7... "Ursula".

It didn't come out perfect, but it's the first one and it'll be sitting on the engine for car shows.

The Stinger Stripe was a HUGE PIA! Even with professional pin stripe tape on the edges.

It's a "Three Footer" to be sure. :)

Little

Ursula 118a.jpg

Big

Z51a.jpg

Done!!!

Ursula 118b.jpg

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,545 Posts
Got one too with red interior, plan on doing the same, have to add some black racing stripes and red pinstripes, paint the mirrors and spoiler.......that's going to be a challenge. A winter project around the fireplace for sure.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did the same, 3 times. Got the black 1:18 with chrome wheels and Kalihari interior. Painted wheels and interior black to match my car. Have one on the dresser, one at my desk at work, and one in the garage next to the real thing. They came out nice.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I did the same, 3 times. Got the black 1:18 with chrome wheels and Kalihari interior. Painted wheels and interior black to match my car. Have one on the dresser, one at my desk at work, and one in the garage next to the real thing. They came out nice.
Awesome. Would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bought the Maisto 1:24 yellow convertible/black interior long before ordering the identical car, so nothing needs to be done, but-- ordered black PlastiDip for the silver wheels, so now I guess I'll have to save some for the little guy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They're diecast body and chassis.

For $40, they've got a lot of detail too. Even working independent suspension.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got mine at Costco for 16.95, wife took it to work for her credenza. Went back and they're sold out.

Wanted to get another to paint to exactly match mine. Will keep my eyes open!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Z51Stingray... what did you do for the logos all over the car (rays on the side, crossed flags, and 'Corvette' across the rear? Mask them off? They don't peel off, do they (they don't look it)? Nice job. Contemplating the same thing (but in torch red) for the model I won here last September.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the white die cast so all I had to do was paint the interior, wheels, roof, stinger stripe, mirrors, and spoiler.

Maisto offers the 1:18 scale in several colors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts