·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2015 Stingray on Tuesday.
Non-z51
Exhaust Pack
Auto 8spd

I have less than 500 miles on it. I was told to take it easy on it and I have been just BABYING this thing around town. Inching along till I get past the "Break in period".

However, yesterday I noticed a pretty big "clunk" or "shutter" when the car is shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. And shifting down from 2nd to 1st gear.

I'm bringing it into the dealership tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

Below is a video of what is happening. I hope you guys can tell something from it and feel free to chime in.

At about 1:45 in the video you can see the "traction control light" pop on. I called onstar, they aren't getting any error codes.

Once again, I'm just gonna run it into the dealership tomorrow and hopefully it isn't anything serious.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dropped it at the dealership this morning.
They said it was gonna take a couple of days for them to look at it.

Praying that it is nothing mechanical. I miss her already!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't hear it in the video, hope all is fine with it when you get it checked out

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Can't tell by the video, love that PDR :)

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Just got my 2015 Stingray on Tuesday.
Non-z51
Exhaust Pack
Auto 8spd

I have less than 500 miles on it. I was told to take it easy on it and I have been just BABYING this thing around town. Inching along till I get past the "Break in period".

However, yesterday I noticed a pretty big "clunk" or "shutter" when the car is shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. And shifting down from 2nd to 1st gear.

I'm bringing it into the dealership tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

Below is a video of what is happening. I hope you guys can tell something from it and feel free to chime in.

At about 1:45 in the video you can see the "traction control light" pop on. I called onstar, they aren't getting any error codes.

Once again, I'm just gonna run it into the dealership tomorrow and hopefully it isn't anything serious.
2015Stingray,

Sorry to hear about the noises your C7's transmission is making during shifts. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates :).

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Feel free to reach out to the dealership on my behalf.

Any additional information would make me feel a helluva lot better!

I was told today that it will be at least until Thursday until I hear anything from the dealership.

This car has taught me patience.

Feel free to message me William if you need any additional information.
2015Stingray,

Sorry to hear about the noises your C7's transmission is making during shifts. Although I understand your displeasure, it's great that you've proactively reached out to your dealer for an official diagnosis. Keep us in the loop and updated on your service visit. If necessary, I can contact the dealer's Customer Experience Managers if you have additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates :).

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I can't notice by the video/audio either. I note A8 and fairly slow starts with close followup stops. Could AFM be engaging about the same time as the shift?

Does the condition exist on a quicker, sustained pull away? Is babying and inching along around town the best way to do the break-in? Gotta run variable speeds including interstate driving. Didn't see it but I don't understand why the traction control light would come on.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Feel free to reach out to the dealership on my behalf.

Any additional information would make me feel a helluva lot better!

I was told today that it will be at least until Thursday until I hear anything from the dealership.

This car has taught me patience.

Feel free to message me William if you need any additional information.
Not a problem,

If you could, please contact us privately with your contact and vehicle information. We may need to create a GM case for you and would need this information on file.

Thanks so much,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't notice by the video/audio either. I note A8 and fairly slow starts with close followup stops. Could AFM be engaging about the same time as the shift?

Does the condition exist on a quicker, sustained pull away? Is babying and inching along around town the best way to do the break-in? Gotta run variable speeds including interstate driving. Didn't see it but I don't understand why the traction control light would come on.
I was attempting to exercise a little more "restraint" than I would have in my c6 until I hit 500 miles or so. Not inching it along. . .

There is quite a bit of highway driving. I guess babying it around town to mean just means I am not "punching it" and redlining it. Should have been more specific.

Condition exists on all 1-2 shifts sustained or at a dead stop. Auto or Manual Mode. Started Saturday night, brought it to the dealer first thing Monday.

I didn't notice the traction control light until after I uploaded the video!!

Lets all hope its some random software bug and nothing serious!!

I waited this long for this car, I can wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a call back from the dealership today.

They want to replace the entire transmission. They have no idea how long it will take to get the new one sent to Texas.

I'm pretty upset with the idea of my brand new car being scattered across the shop.

What are my options?

Please advise.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Sounds like GM wants the gearbox back for analysis. I know it sucks but your car shouldn't be any worse for wear when you get it back and the clunk should be gone. Your only option at this point is to wait for the replacement.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I hear you - the fear is that it will "never be right"... but seems they are doing everything possible to get it there and with a brand new unit hope its good as new soon!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I would prefer an entirely new gearbox to one that has been disassembled and reassembled in the field.

Wonder if the ones they send out for warranty replacements have any higher level of QC than the ones going to the assembly line?

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Be positive and professional in every way, get a nice loaner, yet privately keep your own personal records of EVERYTHING (dates and times and what you were told and by whom) just in case you ever need it later (hopefully not, but it is better to be safe than sorry).

Give them a few chances to get it right. That is what warranties are for in cases like this. And it sounds like they are trying to do right by you. Give them the benefit of a doubt, until proven otherwise.

They want to replace the entire transmission. They have no idea how long it will take to get the new one sent to Texas.

I'm pretty upset with the idea of my brand new car being scattered across the shop.

What are my options?

Please advise.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts

What are my options?

Please advise.
As calmly as is possible ask your dealership what they consider as viable options for you. Also, inquire what are they prepared to do to accommodate you while your car is in out of service?

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
2015Stingray, I would also suggest you PM ChevroletCustomerCare if you have not already done so, to see if they can intervene on your behalf with your dealer. See post #11

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Be positive and professional in every way, get a nice loaner, yet privately keep your own personal records of EVERYTHING (dates and times and what you were told and by whom) just in case you ever need it later (hopefully not, but it is better to be safe than sorry).

Give them a few chances to get it right. That is what warranties are for in cases like this. And it sounds like they are trying to do right by you. Give them the benefit of a doubt, until proven otherwise.
I am certainly heeding your advice here. I'm not blaming the dealership.

They are certainly doing right by me. I gave them a call today and let them know that "We are all playing for the same team"

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.