Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, new to the forum and hopefully a buyer soon! I am thinking about trading in my C6 for the 15 coupe in Shark Gray. I have a question about the headlights. I love the way the Z06 looks in shark gray with all the black accents so i am going to get the base coupe in SG along with the hood stinger stripe, carbon flash spoiler and mirrors and carbon flash package. So the question i have is, do all stingray corvettes have the black headlights??? I was looking for an option to add it along with the other carbon flash but i don't see an option to... Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS this is what I'm thinking: Shark gray coupe with clear top, chrome Z51 wheels, red calipers and all the carbon accents i can get (mirrors, spoiler, stingray emblems and hopefully the lights)

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Welcome to our forum C7HEAVN:cool:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi C7HEAVN:
In the C6 you could get coloured back drop inside the headlight to go with the exterior of the car. Limited to three or four colours. But I have not seen it as an option on the Stingray. I am not sure it would look as nice as what we get. But I guess there is a first. Hard & expensive to do after market as they come as a sealed unit. Good luck on your future ride. Enjoy..

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
And here it is on Torch Red, again if this is what you mean by 'black' headlights, it is standard on all Stingrays.

P1060715.JPG.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have not seen it done on a C7 (yet) but with most other cars you can open up the light by "baking it" - it reseals the same way with no aftereffects...search other forums for it....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=anN0vYBj6Uo

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here it is on Torch Red, again if this is what you mean by 'black' headlights, it is standard on all Stingrays.

View attachment 11666
yes, this is what i mean. If thats not black, what is it? I must be missing something obvious. In the c6 the headlight "backing" was body color, but all i see on the c7 is like in this pic. So this is standard on all C7's no matter the exterior color?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
yes, this is what i mean. If thats not black, what is it? I must be missing something obvious. In the c6 the headlight "backing" was body color, but all i see on the c7 is like in this pic. So this is standard on all C7's no matter the exterior color?
That is correct, all C7s regardless of body color come standard with the head lights looking just like those in my post #16.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is correct, all C7s regardless of body color come standard with the head lights looking just like those in my post #16.
great, thats good to know, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
great, thats good to know, thanks!!
C7HEAVN
jsvette stole my thunder ;) I was the 1st to post what you were thinking right? :cool: its all good, great to have you on-board now....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
C7HEAVN
jsvette stole my thunder ;) I was the 1st to post what you were thinking right? :cool: its all good, great to have you on-board now....
he didn't steal your thunder at all. I appreciated all responses :cool: I just used his pic cause it was bigger and more dominant with the red car :D

Now i hope I'm ordering the right color for me :D I just tried to call my salesperson but he went home for the day so ill have to place the order tomorrow. The red looks so good on the C7, but coming from a red C6, I don't want the same color in the C7. The shark gray better look good in person, especially with all the carbon accents to contrast it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts