Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having my rims powder coated to Gloss Black. I can't find anyone who sells the Black Lug nuts. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Thank you guys, especially fdxpilot. I ordered them from JW motoring
Good choice.... looks good. Did you by chance go to your local tire rim shop? Im sure they have them as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry guys, I started a similar thread not realizing you had one going. Here's what I found/used.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A few of us were discussing lugs on another thread and options for black rims so I thought I'd post a few pics of the ones I went with. I ordered these through my dealer at a cost of $59 CDN. These lugs are all locking which was a bonus for me as I was only interested in the color. The kit comes in many colors, includes the tool and also 4 valve stems.
photo1.jpg photo2.jpg photo3.jpg photo4.jpg photo5.jpg

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
all the amazon offerings that work say they do not work..it is easy to see their data bases are not updated.....

this works fine for gorilla chrome:
So if I order from amazon 12mm x 1.5 I should be fine correct?

·
Registered
64 Posts
A buddy of mine purchased his from discount tire so that's where I will be going to get mine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
So if I order from amazon 12mm x 1.5 I should be fine correct?
Mine are 12mm x 1.50 and I got them from the dealer and they worked so you should be fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went through gorilla and DP accessories, both were poor quality. Mcgard makes high quality made in the USA one-piece lugs. I also ordered a nylon lined 19mm ratchet from c6 corvette performance.
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1508927503.444980.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1508927535.997974.jpg

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Albert, so the lug caps just fit over the existing lugs right? And pull off as needed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Albert, so the lug caps just fit over the existing lugs right? And pull off as needed?
Yes, very easy to install and they have a tool to remove them, but I never needed it. They don't come off easy, but easy enough when you need.

61R7eiSYPkL._SL1050_.jpg

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
62 Posts
ssPetss,
Are these the McGard "Splined Drive"? I can't quite make them out.
Tire Rack is selling a McGard Black Splined Drive M12X1.50 5 lug wheel install kit. Part #65557BKT
1.24 overall length
M12 X 1.5 thread size
13/16 hex size
Tuner style cone seat
16 Splined Lug Nuts, 4 Wheel Locks, 1 Installation Tool, 1 Key and Key Storage Pouch.
$104.00 (in stock as 8/4/18)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a question about Black Lug Nuts. I'm seeing prices that range from $29.00 to $100.00+. How is it possible that there is such a wide spread? Is in the name, quality or both? A $70.00+ spread is quite a bit.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bought these and they fit perfect. One piece and powder coated. Also included 4 locking nuts + wrench. Shipped by West Coast Corvette. $29.95 Interesting: The O.E. Nuts need a 3/4" socket and the new nuts need an 13/16" socket. Both sizes are on the old 4 handle lug wrenches. I used this to loosen the OE nuts and a 13/16 socket + torque wrench for the new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETZQKAA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Ateupjoe
1 - 19 of 19 Posts