Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us were discussing lugs on another thread and options for black rims so I thought I'd post a few pics of the ones I went with. I ordered these through my dealer at a cost of $59 CDN. These lugs are all locking which was a bonus for me as I was only interested in the color. The kit comes in many colors, includes the tool and also 4 valve stems.
photo1.jpg photo2.jpg photo3.jpg photo4.jpg photo5.jpg

Reactions: STUNG

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look good. You'll notice the wheels black gloss finish does not cover all the way to the edge of the stud opening. When you look straight on it gives the appearance of a silver ring around your lug. A small brush and some black rust paint will fix that right up! Takes a while but bothered me to see the ring so I did it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They look good. You'll notice the wheels black gloss finish does not cover all the way to the edge of the stud opening. When you look straight on it gives the appearance of a silver ring around your lug. A small brush and some black rust paint will fix that right up! Takes a while but bothered me to see the ring so I did it.
Can you go over to my house and do this for me? :) LOL

I installed the black lug nuts and I have the same problem. :( By the way, I also installed a key lock in black as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Where did you get the Gorilla lug nuts and do remeber the cost.

Thanks
Amazon. Prime gets you 2 day shipping can't beat that.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just put the Gorilla black wheel locks / lug nuts on my black split spoke Z51 rims today. I think it makes a big difference. My wife...eh. Here's a couple of photos. You can decide for yourself. I got these on Amazon. The full system for 20 locking lug nuts and the keyed removal tool was only $48. Amazon prime - free 2 day shipping. I kept waiting for the drone to deliver them to my house, but they came on a truck instead. LOL. I think Kate looks much more badass now.

Chrome OEM lug nuts
IMG_4836.JPG

Black Gorilla "system" locking lug nuts
IMG_4835.JPG

Arctic White 2015 Z51. Ready for a drive around town.
IMG_4838.JPG

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wonder how these black lug locks would look on a satin or chrome wheel ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would love to see black lug nuts on the machine face wheels.

I'll find out how it looks soon enough when my convertible gets delivered next month.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts