Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've ordered a cyber Gray Metallic coupe with black Z51 wheels and carbon flash mirrors and spoiler and I plan to tint the windows to 35% (legal max here) black out the badges and the chrome on the grill.

I'd love to smoke/black out my tail lights but haven't a clue how/where to do this.

How/where did you do yours?

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
366 Posts
Can you post a photo with the tail lights lit and also w brakes applied?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
This is the only mod I'll never do...a good lawyer can turn this on you...not really liked by LEO's either - From a LEO forum:

Tinted Tail lights Texas

but I do really like the dark look....

·
Registered
366 Posts
This is the only mod I'll never do...a good lawyer can turn this on you...not really liked by LEO's either - From a LEO forum:

Tinted Tail lights Texas

but I do really like the dark look....
This seems really important to consider but the referenced article is not fact based. Does anyone have any legal references for what is legal like is avail for window tinting?

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
Reactions: elegant

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
This chart has to do with windows
Right, I was responding to MrG69 query "Does anyone have any legal references for what is legal like is avail for window tinting?"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Title 39:3-47 in NJ. Check you state's motor vehicle violation codes. There is not chart. Altering of motor vehicle lights is illegal, period.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Title 39:3-47 in NJ. Check you state's motor vehicle violation codes. There is not chart. Altering of motor vehicle lights is illegal, period.
That's what most states will quote and then reference federal DOT codes as the standard. Sure, people modify lights but for the most part they become illegal the moment they do.

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 20 of 25 Posts