Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CGM Z51 with black wheels..

Replaced center cap with "Stingray" ones, which are mostly black..

Just got, but have not yet installed 20 black Gorilla lock/lug nuts...

I am removing the fish and "Corvette" script and ordered Carbon Flash crossed flags from RPI since they are indented and can't be removed without leaving a stupid looking hole.....

Also just ordered their side and back reflector blackout kit....

I don't have a problem with the 3d brake light in the spoiler...it is mostly blacked out.....

The only color that is going to be left on the car is the red tail/brake lights...

However, the 4 red light lens covers will annoy me....

Yes, I have seen replacement lenses that are dark, but problem is
(aside from possible police excuse to pull over) is that some dim-bulb
who rear ends you at a stop light will claim he couldn't see your brake lights! With what I've seen so far, that would be an excuse that might work...

Has anyone found a way to black out the rear lenses in the daytime, but, let them be bright at night, or when you apply brakes during daylight (like the cover on the 3d brakelight in the spoiler)?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Has anyone found a way to black out the rear lenses in the daytime, but, let them be bright at night, or when you apply brakes during daylight (like the cover on the 3d brakelight in the spoiler)?

VHT NITE SHADES!

'14 Corvette Stingray
First American Car
Black/Red
5% Tints
Powder Coated Wheels
Stingray Logo License Plate Frame
Exhaust Enhancer

·
Registered
489 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: ZeeshanFarooq29

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
sounds like a simple process to slip a rheostat somewhere in the power line to the rear lights-assuming that one wants be able to vary the brightness multiple times during the day/night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts