Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do a string of round blue lights on the top of instrument panel mean on a C7 Z06?

·
Administrator
16,940 Posts
Welcome to our forum Alvin. Do you mean surrounding the tach?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I believe you are referring to the shift timing "lights" or indicators at the top of the dash in TRACK mode. These will fill up and flash yellow to indicate when to shift to the next gear. These are similar to indicators on the actual C7.R racecar... very cool feature. I usually just wind up playing with them when starting from a stop. You will notice that when the engine is colder the lights will indicate time to shift quicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe you are referring to the shift timing "lights" or indicators at the top of the dash in TRACK mode. These will fill up and flash yellow to indicate when to shift to the next gear. These are similar to indicators on the actual C7.R racecar... very cool feature. I usually just wind up playing with them when starting from a stop. You will notice that when the engine is colder the lights will indicate time to shift quicker.
This did not answer the question, green , yellow and red are obvious indications of shift points. But at some point the lights flash blue The question was blue lights. Does anybody have the correct answer ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This did not answer the question, green , yellow and red are obvious indications of shift points. But at some point the lights flash blue The question was blue lights. Does anybody have the correct answer ?
The lights flash blue at the optimal shift point. Basically saying shift now. When you get into yellow you are adding more revs but not much more power which impacts your times. Red is obvious and even more obvious when you hit the rev limiter. Does that help?

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
203 Posts
I'll have to pay more attn.... I've never noticed blue.... just the yellow & red...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts