Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Momentum Chevy in San Clara informs me that 2015 coupes with CFA are stilled constrained. Anyone have any insight as to why?
Laguna blue 2LT and getting bluer every day

·
Registered
873 Posts
First, both CF roofs, visible CF and body-color painted, are on constraint. Apparently the roof vendor is having quality control issues, and getting an adequate supply of solid roofs is a problem. Second, constraint doesn't necessarily mean none, but means there is a limit on the option. This week, it's only 35% of production can have the body colored roof, and 20% can have the visible CF roof. That means that 45% or more must be the transparent roof.

However, whether your dealer can get you a solid body colored roof is another matter. Since about only 1 in 3 cars will get that roof, unless your dealer gets at least 3 coupes in his allocation for the period, chances are you won't get one. On the other hand, that's just probability, and you may get lucky and have only one allocation, but it allows the solid roof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info - its consistent with what the sales rep has been saying. I am #12 on list of "constrained" orders so I will just have to wait and hope the CF roof vendor fixes their QC issue. Do you know if this was an issue for the 2014 coupes?

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Yes, it was for a while.

·
Registered
873 Posts
thanks for the info - its consistent with what the sales rep has been saying. I am #12 on list of "constrained" orders so I will just have to wait and hope the CF roof vendor fixes their QC issue. Do you know if this was an issue for the 2014 coupes?
During our factory tour prior to Museum delivery, we saw a rack full of assorted colored and visible CF roofs, which had been rejected by assembly line workers. Evenly distributed between colored and visible, with one clear roof in the bunch. This was December of 2013.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts