Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Borla Atak for my 2019 corvette and had the chevy dealer install it. worked fine for a month and engine light came on and a knocking clicking sound came from the back right. Called Borla and sent them the audio of the problem they sent a new one. Very nice of them. Took back to the dealer and it is making the same sound. while I am idling or not on the gas the sound happens then I hit the gas and it goes away for 20 seconds or so and comes back. Borla says it is not their exhaust system which I can agree with. Happening to 2 different exhausts? No. Chevy wants to tune the exhaust system. People have said that it doesn't need a tuning.
Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?
I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is a ATAK 11878 w/standard exhaust non NPP. I have a 2019 stingray LT1 standard factory...Just an FYI

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 vette lt1 automatic non npp and afm with a Borla atak axleback...I have somewhat the same problem, when I've driven the car for about 5 minutes and I accelerate lightly there's a banging underneath around the drivers side and it lasts for a few seconds and then goes away as i speed up. this happens every time.
My mechanic checked it out and said it was a broken afm spring flap. I called Borla and they sent me a new pipe with afm, ill let you know if that fixes the banging issue.

Bought a Borla Atak for my 2019 corvette and had the chevy dealer install it. worked fine for a month and engine light came on and a knocking clicking sound came from the back right. Called Borla and sent them the audio of the problem they sent a new one. Very nice of them. Took back to the dealer and it is making the same sound. while I am idling or not on the gas the sound happens then I hit the gas and it goes away for 20 seconds or so and comes back. Borla says it is not their exhaust system which I can agree with. Happening to 2 different exhausts? No. Chevy wants to tune the exhaust system. People have said that it doesn't need a tuning.
Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?
I appreciate it.

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
Welcome to our forum vetteboy4444.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2019 vette lt1 automatic non npp and afm with a Borla atak axleback...I have somewhat the same problem, when I've driven the car for about 5 minutes and I accelerate lightly there's a banging underneath around the drivers side and it lasts for a few seconds and then goes away as i speed up. this happens every time.
My mechanic checked it out and said it was a broken afm spring flap. I called Borla and they sent me a new pipe with afm, ill let you know if that fixes the banging issue.
The dealer found the problem to be with the actuator and nothing to do with my exhaust system. They replaced the right actuator and it is working great now. Borla did step up and was great to work with. The Borla exhaust does not need to be tuned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats great! I’m getting mine replaced this week. Yes, Borla has been amazing nothing but Great customer service, borla paid for my last exhaust replacement and for this replacement.

The dealer found the problem to be with the actuator and nothing to do with my exhaust system. They replaced the right actuator and it is working great now. Borla did step up and was great to work with. The Borla exhaust does not need to be tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts