Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the way this looks. I wonder what (if any) performance gains are available with their system, and what it costs? It might make for a worthwhile alternative to the optional GM performance exhaust.
Borla.jpg

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on past exhaust systems from them not much, sorry never cared much for Borla exhaust.
How so? After all, The GM performance exhaust system is $1195.00 for 5 additional HP. This strike me as pretty expensive. I suppose it all depends on how Borla engineers designed their system to deal with the drone that the 4 cyl. mode produces.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Agree $1195 is a lot for 5hp no question, on the Borla I was speaking of past experiences with using them on C4's which were as much as GM's price, didn't fit right made little or no difference on hp. I would have to see dyno's from owners before and after on the C7.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The big thing in my book would be if it (the Borla system) would produce similar power levels to the GM performance system, yet still prevented the drone that even GM had to engineer around. I can think of nothing worse than removing a perfectly fine exhaust system, paying more, and end up with something that allowed a drone that would take all the joy of driving away from a nice car.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Good point and a big caution with aftermarket exhaust systems, many do have a bad drone. I bought a 3" exhaust system for my ZR-1 and the drone was so bad I had to remove it the next week. I will admit the Borla systems do not exhibit drone but again never impress with the hp gain. The only system I know of that didn't have any drone and you gain hp was/is the Corsa system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts