Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I need some advice!!! This has been killing me. I finally found some good deals on some C7's but now I am stuck between two versions. I found a 2014 2LT C7 with 3K miles on it and a tiny scratch on the rim (otherwise perfect Carfax) and I also found a brand-new 2015 C7 1LT for the same price.

Both have only the standard options that come with the two packages, both are torch-red, both are manual (yes I am sticking with manual). They both come out to the same price when factoring in financing rates, dealer fee's, taxes, etc.

Main differences I know of are the heated/cooled seats, adjustable lumbar and side support, Heads up display (HUD).

I dont think Navigation is standard on the 2LT is it?

Which one should I get?!?! (opinions?)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It all comes down to 1 or 2lt. Do you need the options? Those that have the 2Lt love it. Those that have the 1Lt don't miss it.
I'd buy the new 1Lt and enjoy braking in the car yourself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all comes down to 1 or 2lt. Do you need the options?
I dont need them necessarily but the question is more of a logical one. Since both are the same price, would it be better to get one with more options or one that is brand-new.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It all comes down to 1 or 2lt. Do you need the options? Those that have the 2Lt love it. Those that have the 1Lt don't miss it.
I'd buy the new 1Lt and enjoy braking in the car yourself.
Gotcha. Is that something I should be worried about? (That the previous owner may not have properly broken in the vehicle)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Take my car, I'd didn't fallow the GM procedure for braking it in. I didn't beat it up, I just didn't pussy it. It's been on the track three times so far. There are a lot of people on this forum that wouldn't want to buy my car now, and it only has 4,000 k's so far, looks brand new.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There are so many variables that go into this equation. One factor is how long do you think you might keep the car? If you are going to sell/trade it in a couple of years, you may lose less money in depreciation by going with the '15. However, if you plan to keep the car long term, then it might make more sense to get exactly what you want. My '14 was a 3LT. My '15 to be (if it happens on 3/26) is a 2LZ. I did not appreciate/use all of the extras in the 3LT such as the microfiber, Navigation, etc. I also did not order the Navigation for two reasons: one was that the nav was so inaccurate on my '14 and I don't see myself driving my '15 to exotic locations where I need the nav and where my iPhone won't work. I may regret that decision. I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, all of this is IMHO. Do what pleases you.

·
Registered
402 Posts
This a just my two cents...go with the brand new 15.. You don't how the previous owner treated the 14. Also you don't know why the 14 owner got rid of the car with just 3,000 miles.?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are so many variables that go into this equation. One factor is how long do you think you might keep the car? If you are going to sell/trade it in a couple of years, you may lose less money in depreciation by going with the '15. However, if you plan to keep the car long term, then it might make more sense to get exactly what you want. My '14 was a 3LT. My '15 to be (if it happens on 3/26) is a 2LZ. I did not appreciate/use all of the extras in the 3LT such as the microfiber, Navigation, etc. I also did not order the Navigation for two reasons: one was that the nav was so inaccurate on my '14 and I don't see myself driving my '15 to exotic locations where I need the nav and where my iPhone won't work. I may regret that decision. I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, all of this is IMHO. Do what pleases you.
Thanks for the additional insight into depreciation. I am definitely thinking of keeping it long term. I would have thought that if I go with the used 2014 2LT, the original owner would "eat" the initial depreciation when he/she drove it off of the lot. But I guess your point is that the 2015 is a newer model and if i decided to sell it, that factor would come into play and thus lose less value as it relates to depreciation.

Either way, I am going to keep it for a while so I will take into consideration what you mentioned about the additional features etc...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This a just my two cents...go with the brand new 15.. You don't how the previous owner treated the 14. Also you don't know why the 14 owner got rid of the car with just 3,000 miles.?
Ya, I sometimes speculate that people who get rid of cars like this within 1 year were just waiting for the Z06 to come out lol. But who knows.

As it relates to serious issues, I am not TOO worried because it's under warranty and it has a clean carfax. Is there something I am not taking into account, in your opinion?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take my car, I'd didn't fallow the GM procedure for braking it in. I didn't beat it up, I just didn't pussy it. It's been on the track three times so far. There are a lot of people on this forum that wouldn't want to buy my car now, and it only has 4,000 k's so far, looks brand new.
Your z51 was made for the track! lol I wouldnt hold it against you. I also found a GREAT deal on a brand new z51 2015 (1LT), but I definitely wont be tracking it often, and that one didnt have Magnetic ride control which I hear is a MUST, in a Z51.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would have thought that if I go with the used 2014 2LT, the original owner would "eat" the initial depreciation when he/she drove it off of the lot.
One way to look at it is the 2LT option costs about $4,000, so (since you said the 2014 2LT costs the same as a new, 2015 1LT) you're only getting the benefit of $4,000 of "eaten" depreciation. To me, that seems like too little depreciation on the 2014, so it seems like it's a less good value than the new, 2015.

Also, consumables like tires, brakes, and other wear parts have all been partly used up, so that should be accounted for in comparing the cars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
2015 all the way! I have a 2015 1Lt torch red and love everything about it. If memory seats and heated seats don't mean much to you go for the new one! ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1426734677.157016.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would go with the 2015. You get the full warranty instead of a year already lost on the 2014, with hopefully no scratches.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
vladrrr, I've seen some killer deals from fellow forum members selling theirs to buy a Z06, just a thought.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Me too. Unless the owner just died and the car was an estate sale, I would wonder why it was being sold with such low mileage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my Z51 3LT with 3000 miles for less that a base 1LT, couldn't be happier. Just have it checked out by a dealer or other qualified shop if buying from an individual seller.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd go new and get the best deal with credit union discount, that's about 10% off MSRP. Lot's of info here about that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts