Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
The only time you really need to turn rotors is if they have worn unevenly. You can turn them, but unless you're noticing a problem I don't think it's necessary. The downside is that you're removing material, which reduces heat dissipation a little bit, but unless you're tracking the car that shouldn't be an issue.

Is there a specific reason you're considering turning them?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not recommended on OEM rotors. They’re already relatively thin to begin with and will be prone to overheat if you turn them. I’ve already had to replace mine with three track days at a little over 8k miles. Replaced them with OEMs. Gonna see how they wear and if I get similar unsatisfactory longevity I’m going with aftermarket rotors and pads next time, probably GiroDiscs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only time you really need to turn rotors is if they have worn unevenly. You can turn them, but unless you're noticing a problem I don't think it's necessary. The downside is that you're removing material, which reduces heat dissipation a little bit, but unless you're tracking the car that shouldn't be an issue.

I noticed groves on driver side rotor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not recommended on OEM rotors. They’re already relatively thin to begin with and will be prone to overheat if you turn them. I’ve already had to replace mine with three track days at a little over 8k miles. Replaced them with OEMs. Gonna see how they wear and if I get similar unsatisfactory longevity I’m going with aftermarket rotors and pads next time, probably GiroDiscs.
I don't track my car at all.
Don't know how long they will last, before I can up grade them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts