Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks Rick. I sure do not understand what this means in terms of why GM has chosen to do this; what if any differences the 2019’s will have; what might be the cost and residual value differences of this drastic end-of-2018 and ordering of 2019’s; and similar major issues.

Time will be the only way we learn some of those answers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Curiouser & Curiouser

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
So, 2019s will be able to be ordered at the end of January, shortly after the ZR-1 is revealed earlier in January.

I would guess that the ZR-1 will not be available at the beginning of ordering, but I would say that it will not be as long as many of us were thinking last just a few days ago...

I wonder how much of this has to do with the new paint shop and the reorganized factory? Maybe GM wants to put a line in place between cars manufactured on the old line and the new line. Although some 2018s will be built on the new line, ending their production sooner instead of later helps limit the number of 2018s mixed in with the new processes. It almost seems to me like a very extreme version of "revision control" in manufacturing.

Reactions: daleong

·
18,670 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Per our thread in our Major C7 News (linked below), as released today by NCM and confirmed elsewhere, the first of the 2019’s will be able to be ordered on November 30th, with the start of 2019 production being January 29th.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ver-19-ordering-november-30th.html#post751241
CORRECT, a story we broke....Thank-you

Many were wondering and then the museum posted the same info we gave you guys....crazy times for Corvette, but all good!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
CORRECT, a story we broke....Thank-you

Many were wondering and then the museum posted the same info we gave you guys....crazy times for Corvette, but all good!
Caution, there is a leak at BG and the word is beating the press releases, oh my! :eek:

Now what is the real deal about the C8 Masterpiece ME. ;)

SF
Rick

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caution, there is a leak at BG and the word is beating the press releases, oh my! :eek:

Now what is the real deal about the C8 Masterpiece ME. ;)

SF
Rick
stay tuned my man....we have lots of info, I have to honor those that were kind enough to share and sit back with you all and watch the show :)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts