Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a brushed stainless steel license plate holder from the Chevymall.com that had the word "Stingray" in blue inscribed lettering on the bottom to replace the dealer frame that came with the car. The frame was actually build by American Car Craft in Hudson, Florida.

first, it took 3 weeks to get it. Then, when it arrived, the brushed steel flat exterior was badly scratched and blemished. It was shipped with no plastic protective film on the brushed steel as anyone who has been in that business knows is standard practice. The frame was in a plastic bag. stingray plate.jpg I've attached a photo of one of 8 damage areas. It is obvious to me (many years working with metal machining shops) that this was not protected and was either put upside down on a table and then slid across the table, or some other object was placed on top of it and slid across - all the scratches were in the same direction.

When we contacted Chevy mall, they requested photos - which we sent. They then informed us that the manufacturer (American Car Craft) refused to take it back and replace it. ChevyMall informed us that they would refund our money only after we shipped it back to them AT OUR COST - no shipping return label provided.

Just letting everyone know so they don't make the same mistake I made and order stuff from these guys.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Is Chevy Mall a GM company?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I also ordered the same frame from them. While I did not have the same quality issue I had to contact them about my order as they charged the credit card within 24 hours of my order but it did not ship.

So after two weeks of not hearing anything I sent an email to their customer service. Got a response about 3 says later that it would be shipping.

While I did get my order I was not impressed at all about them as I felt if I had not checked with them I would still be waiting for the frame.

I would not consider them a quality vendor.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I prefer Amazon online store. They have great customer service.

Reactions: Ret9580
1 - 5 of 5 Posts