Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2015 from MacMulkin on 9/24 and was told on 10/4 there is constraint on painted tops but ok for clear tops. N/G for me. Today I spoke to Ron at MacMulkin to see if any movement in order and he informed me another constraint added for chrome wheels in addition to the painted tops. He did give me a few options to reconfigure order which if selected he could get in today. So like so many others I guess I'll just have to suck it up and wait. As they say it's all in the timing. Had I ordered a week before like Milliwatt Rob and others I'd have a big grin going on right now. " Oh well bartender I'll have another one scotch one beer".

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Chrome wheels on constraint? Well, so much for my ordered being allocated this week.

·
18,669 Posts
StingRay chrome wheels on 20% partial constraint, meaning that for every 10 orders submitted, nationally (average of all dealers), two will get the chrome wheels. (No Z06 chrome wheels constrained, in fact no Z06 wheels contrained at all.)

Sure that MacMulkin and other top dealers got some chromed wheels, and they went to their "longest on list" customers, so if the big five did not get enough to get all their StingRay orderers chrome wheels, the chances of getting them approved at smaller dealers were even less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts