Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 with 1800 miles. engine light on with text message. Took it to dealer, was told it needed the Automatic Transmission control Valve solenoid Body replaced Part # 24045740. Part is backordered and he had no idea when it would become available Sitting in service dept. Was wondering who I could contact with more specific info. Thanks

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Welcome to our forum. Sorry to read about your C8 issues. I would suggest you look at your Owner's Manual. It lists the regional customer service contacts and proper steps to hopefully get more assistance.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Other than search an on-line option and pay out of pocket for the part I think you are stuck. GM either has it or not. Unless the regional service help listed above has a way to move a part out of an online distributor under warranty. Maybe verify the online source has it then reach out to GM? Sorry to hear of your trouble. Good luck.

Rectangle Font Material property Monochrome Writing

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Other than search an on-line option and pay out of pocket for the part I think you are stuck. GM either has it or not. Unless the regional service help listed above has a way to move a part out of an online distributor under warranty. Maybe verify the online source has it then reach out to GM? Sorry to hear of your trouble. Good luck.

View attachment 283726
View attachment 283727
Ouch!

·
Registered
81 Posts
How common is this? Our 2023 has 618 miles; our 2021’s DCT failed at about 700 miles, but that transmission went back to Milford and resulted in a change so our particular problem can’t happen again. Nevertheless we didn’t keep our 2021.

But we have serious anxiety about our 2023!

·
Registered
81 Posts
2021 Stingray Z51. I was about to go on track for the last session of the last day, sitting in the hot pit, when the check engine light (CEL) came on. Pulled back into the paddock and ran an OBDII test with my BlueDriver. Said I had a stuck transmission solenoid. Cleared the code, turned off the engine, waited a few moments and restarted. No CEL. Took it back on track and watched carefully for a CEL. Nothing. Transmission shifted normally. Drove 5 hours home with no CEL and normal transmission response. Got it to the dealer ASAP and they confirmed the permanent code for a stuck transmission solenoid. They said it just needed a reprogram. They did a reprogram and everything showed fine with no further occurrences. That was in Feb and about 4,000 miles ago. I recently ran an OBDII scan and have no codes. I wouldn’t get too excited if the transmission is behaving normally, but it does need to be taken care of sooner than later. Good luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks very much, Sam!!

Our 2023 was reprogrammed too, about a week ago, after showing a similar code. Our check engine light also went out after a cool down & restart, before the reprogramming (which wasn’t done until we went to a second dealer!).

Your experience significantly reduces our anxiety! Thanks so much for relating it. bob

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks very much, Sam!!

Our 2023 was reprogrammed too, about a week ago, after showing a similar code. Our check engine light also went out after a cool down & restart, before the reprogramming (which wasn’t done until we went to a second dealer!).

Your experience significantly reduces our anxiety! Thanks so much for relating it. bob
Glad if I helped. Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts