9,664 Posts
Corvette C3 Stingray 1976 Production: 46,558
Base price: $7604
Built in: St. Louis, Missouri
Engine: V8 350 c.i.
Horsepower: 180/210
Note: Last year of Stingray name badge

Technical Specifications Corvette C3 Stingray

America’s bicentennial saw minor exterior changes for the 1976 Corvette and a “4 spoke” steering wheel outraged many corvette owners as the wheel could be found on several Chevrolet cars including the Vega. The engine data plate would make it’s last appearance and the car was gearing toward creature comforts. The hood was a one year design as air induction by the windshield was “tunneled” through a hollow duct on the underside of the hood to bring in air closer to the radiator eliminating more interior noise. Earlier production '76 rear bumper covers had a tightly scripted corvette emblem which was replaced during later production by a larger script. The Stingray script on the fenders would also make it’s last appearance. All in all, still a great and reliable sports car.

The Chronological History of C3 Corvettes 1977 to 1982

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Thanks Norm for the info, I had done some research online but did not find this. Now I am going to have contact the ex as she now has the car and get this straight in my head.

Reactions: Norm

·
Registered
755 Posts
Corvette C3 Stingray 1976 Production: 46,558
Base price: $7604
Built in: St. Louis, Missouri
Engine: V8 350 c.i.
Horsepower: 180/210
Note: Last year of Stingray name badge

Technical Specifications Corvette C3 Stingray

America’s bicentennial saw minor exterior changes for the 1976 Corvette and a “4 spoke” steering wheel outraged many corvette owners as the wheel could be found on several Chevrolet cars including the Vega. The engine data plate would make it’s last appearance and the car was gearing toward creature comforts. The hood was a one year design as air induction by the windshield was “tunneled” through a hollow duct on the underside of the hood to bring in air closer to the radiator eliminating more interior noise. Earlier production '76 rear bumper covers had a tightly scripted corvette emblem which was replaced during later production by a larger script. The Stingray script on the fenders would also make it’s last appearance. All in all, still a great and reliable sports car.

The Chronological History of C3 Corvettes 1977 to 1982
Good stuff Norm. It enlightened me some and I enjoyed the read. Thanks........

STUNG:cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I bought this new in 1972 BC (i.e., before children) for about $5200. The only option I could afford beyond the base car was AC. But, it was a Vette! No more ‘60s VW Bug. Then kids came along and years of mini-Vans, SUV's, and 4 door sedans. Until the C7! However, full enjoyment is realized when one of my young granddaughters is riding shotgun. It took quite a bit of Internet searching to find a car seat that was narrow enough to fit. The two I found are: (1) Combi Coccoro at 15.5 inch width, (2) Diono Radian at 17 inch width. I also installed a 5-point racing harness bar to the passenger seat. It attaches to the 2 rear bolts holding the seat to the floor. This allowed me to pass the child’s car seat center top strap through the hole at the top of the C7 seat and attach it to the harness bar. This provides 3 points of attachment of the child’s car seat to the C7 frame.
front_right.JPG

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I had one exactly like this except for the spoiler. :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Here's my 1969 Triple black convertible.

IMG_0299.JPG

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
OK I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to my SFR Family for not calling me out on my signature! :sorrow:

After reading this thread a little bit closer, I now realize that our 78 is NOT a Stingray.....and no one said a thing about my signature being wrong. WOW thanks guys for not embarrassing me. :nevreness:

I will now go and update my sig to NOT say Stingray. Here's to "self discovery"! LOL

21 - 40 of 65 Posts