Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1970 C3 that the title from the previous owner two owners ago was destroyed in a house fire. Is there a way to search the history of the car using the VIN? I have determined, after I bought the car, that this car had been in a previous accident and the front end has been replaced. Curious if it is a Salvage vehicle. Lesson learned. I know, I have Gibbs slapped the back of my own head a couple times.

Darrin

·
Super Moderator
3,344 Posts
Nice NCIS reference! Unfortunately, I don't have any info to help with your research.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
Post the VIN. Someone may be able to do some research.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big day today! Local judge finally got around to signing my Court Ordered Title and I am driving the Vette to the BMV in a couple hours to submit the paperwork, pay my sales tax and Indiana's ridiculous registration fees, have the car inspected and hopefully leave with a temp tag! Got my insurance set up yesterday so I'm ALMOST ready to roll, just in time to put it away for the winter!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Cool! But put it away? I've driven my '74 in fresh, unplowed snow as deep as 6"! (Very, very cautiously!) They do quite well in cold weather and even a little snow with good tires.And with the accident evidence and crate motor, it seems your car is a good candidate for some restomod upgrades!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I was putting the packet together to mail to the State BMV office and decided to look over the paperwork one last time, I noticed that the VIN number on the court order had a typo, they had a "5" where there was supposed to be a "S". So had to run back to the courthouse again to drop off the court order and have to go back and pick it up today. Good thing I caught it. They would have either kicked it back to me or issued me a title with the wrong VIN number on it.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
^^^great catch....its always best to review, review and review one more time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up the new court order yesterday, all corrected, went straight to the P.O. now just have to wait.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Merry Christmas darrint!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Got the title, headed to the BMV tomorrow to register her! Finally!
Darrint, it's good to read that your mission is almost complete, well worth the troubles. Now your C3 Masterpiece documentation will be all correct.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Awww, that's just not right! You 'd think today was the holiday, not yesterday. Hopefully, they didn't take the whole week off!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gonna be out of the country for a few weeks but plan to start rebuilding the headlight mechanisms when I get back. Still have the issue of my left front tire rubbing the front fender when I turn to the right. Have to figure that out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts