Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1975 C3 and would like to put a LS motor with a 6 speed manual in it. Does anyone have ideas or experience in this?

·
Administrator
16,429 Posts
Welcome to our forum HVACman. Hopefully one of our owners with a C3 or related engine swap experience can assist.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had a friend install an LS Motor with a Competion Cam and a 4L60 transmission in my 1980 Corvette. It is a great swap. Everything you need to complete the swap is readily available.
My only problem has been with the wiring harness. I bought a reputable harness and it appears that, maybe, my installer didn’t have all the information he needed to hook up the wiring harness. We have spent a lot of time and money chasing problems that shouldn’t have been a problem.
He is a great fabricator but a little short as an electrician, which is OK. I have decided that I am going to source an expert in the field and just start over with the wiring.
The car is a lot more fun to drive. And of course more power and smooth as a kitten.
I can’t offer you any technical or specific advice because I didn’t do the swap.

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 3 of 3 Posts