Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Car and Driver, you got the totality right, but seriously C&D, one of its lows is "off gassing of fiberglass?" Been around many, many new C7's in enclosed garages and still waiting to smell the fiberglass out-gassing. Besides, the percentage of fiberglass in the C7 is down an additional 18% from the C6 (did not smell it there either), and fiberglass is now only 20.8% of the body panel content.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree. That was a little weird for them to say. Sometimes the writers aren't very good so they add meaningless fluff to fill their paragraphs. I've never smelled any fiberglass. The premium sports car portion of the article is correct.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I get their off gas comment. I'm still waiting on mine (TPW next week) but I sat in several while looking and each of them had very strong adhesive chemical smells. Granted... This is my first Corvette so I don't have an apples to apples comparison but Ive had many new cars over 30 years and the off gassing in the C7s I looked at was extremely strong.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have an off gas smell, and my car is not scheduled to be built for three more weeks.;)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The interior does have a resin smell, I noticed it immediately when I sat in the first one I looked at a year ago. I'm sensitive to it having spent a lot of time around boat manufacturing. It's there but it's not intrusive and unless you had experience around resin based products you would mistake it for a "fiberglass" smell, I happen to love that it smells like an expensive yacht inside ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts