Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
The earliest I have heard is late, late August arrival at dealerships, with most dealers estimating early September (mid-September for West Coast). Production starts on Monday, August 11th. The question is how long GM will do a traditional new model "quality control" hold. As new parts/options are going in more than a few, most believe the QC hold will be at least two weeks, e.g., new 8-speed, nav/PDF unit, CFZ ground effects package, clear protective film, new color of Shark Gray.

Units with "delayed availability" options, such as the Atlantic package, the Pacific package, and Daytona
Sunrise Orange Metallic paint will obviously be arriving later (though the length of "delayed availability" has not yet been shared).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can't wait for the 2015's to arrive. Love my 2014 Stingray but happy to see new models in the dealer showrooms later this year.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Will there be any obvious appearance differences between the 2014 and 2015 models?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Will there be any obvious appearance differences between the 2014 and 2015 models?
PRICE ;)

Other than that, nothing obvious unless it's one of the 2 new colors or has one of the new wheel options.

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
The earliest I have heard is late, late August arrival at dealerships, with most dealers estimating early September (mid-September for West Coast). Production starts on Monday, August 11th. The question is how long GM will do a traditional new model "quality control" hold. As new parts/options are going in more than a few, most believe the QC hold will be at least two weeks, e.g., new 8-speed, nav/PDF unit, CFZ ground effects package, clear protective film, new color of Shark Gray.

Units with "delayed availability" options, such as the Atlantic package, the Pacific package, and Daytona
Sunrise Orange Metallic paint will obviously be arriving later (though the length of "delayed availability" has not yet been shared).
Yeah, Sept. / Oct. is what I am hearing in my area as well.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Got a GREAT call from my dealer (Bachman Auto in Louisville, KY) today my car has moved to 2000 even with the Shark Gray paint constrant.. not sure if that means its on track to be the first few weeks. If so should see my car Late Sept. only 100 miles or so from the plant. :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2015 NRB Z51, 3LT 8spd moved to 2000 today as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got a GREAT call from my dealer (Bachman Auto in Louisville, KY) today my car has moved to 2000 even with the Shark Gray paint constrant.. not sure if that means its on track to be the first few weeks. If so should see my car Late Sept. only 100 miles or so from the plant. :cool:
Awesome! wish I had that news today. Just curious... what status does it show on this site?
Chevy Order Tracking | Track Your Order | Chevrolet

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just checked this morning and mine is now "queued for production" according to the Chevy site. I will check with my dealer later today to see if it moved to 3000 as expected.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
18 Posts
My order is now at 2500, "preferenced, sent to production). Next step is 3000. I hope to be able to pick it up at the museum late august. We'll see.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is someone posting elsewhere that production of the 2015's might start on July 21st. Kind of interesting since I have a 2014 slotted for July 28th now at status 3100, however it did move ahead a week just recently.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would seem kind of strange to move it ahead with just a month to go. A whole lot of coordination has to go on around a switch over date. Heh if they want to build me a 2015 on the 28th send it along, just so long as my C7 gets here soon.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts