Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m looking for help/advise on doing repairs for my 2015 C7 8 speed. Just a little background, the car has a ECS procharger, ARH LT headers, corsa exhaust and custom tune. Just this year I starting having issues with the transmission shaking the car really bad after releasing the gas peddle at RPMs about 3500-3700 and crazy vibrations felt when going 60-75 mph. Keep in mind, I wasn’t aware of posted TSB regarding updates on fluids for the transmisson, so the last time I did a tranny flush was in 2016. I’m told my transmission has to be replaced due to the hard shifting that im experiencing and that the torque converter is loose which is what causing the grinding noise I hear. I got quoted around $8200 total from the dealer for repairs not including the tuning fee I think I’ll need afterwards. In addition, I’m out of warranty so I’m sure that won’t help. My questions are, if I go with straight OEM replacement parts from the dealer will the tranny hold up with the new software updates and fluid? Or shoot for a better price from a performance shop and add an aftermarket Torque converter? After this, dropping this much money in repair, I don’t plan to do any more upgrades. The car is sitting at around 540hp. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
157 Posts
IMO, I would take it to another dealer and dump it on a trade and walk away. $8200.00 could go towards a new car and certainly you still have value in yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts