Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes: Add one more thing to the list of GREAT design features on our cars. My C7 found itself in our office parking lot yesterday in Denver, CO. during a massive 1" HAIL storm. While cars around me had broken windshields, moonroofs broken and dents galore, I fully expected to find either paint damage or outright holes in my hood etc.... BUT NOT! Our C7's carbon fiber composites seem to be somewhat fierce at resisting Mother Natures fury. While driving home in torrents of rain and 6" of hail piled on the roads was not ideal for the WX setting, I had a big smile on my face believing that I was NOT going to be calling my insurance company. :cool: IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2022.JPG

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think you left the "stealth" mode on all day! :p

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,557 Posts
That's amazing! I wouldn't make a habit of it. :D

·
Administrator
16,306 Posts
That is fantastic news Jim. Glad yours escaped unscathed and excellent to read about our Stingray's resilience!

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wow! Good to hear you had no issues

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wow that was very lucky for your car. We had a huge storm here in Eastern PA this past summer. Large hail that totaled cars, private and at dealerships.

It is Amazing how well your car looks after all the hail.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Jim, I'm glad to see and read that your Vette weathered the storm, your area must have been slammed that day with nasty weather!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
170 Posts
hail is a real threat here....we've had one roof on our house replaced, but have been lucky that the large diameter, vehicle denting stuff hasn't happened at our place much, though all around us.

I've asked a few folks what happens with the composite in a hail storm and it sounds like my truck will be taking the beating, not the C7

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wait a minute, are those the standard "summer" tires? If so, then you really do have to "force" protection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had some hail hit mainly on the driver side of my c5. No apparent damage either till about 3 years later. The clear coat started separating in little one inch circles on that side. You might want to
at least report it to the insurance company so that if that happens they might offer you some coverage on it.

Reb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts