Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some initial pictures from the Corvette Reunion at Laguna Seca. Do to the slow internet where I am staying I am only going to post pictures related to the C7. I finally got to sit in one and in a word the seat (regular) is fantastic! It is very supportive and extremely comfortable.
evbep0.jpg

Here are a couple of the C7s
spi536.jpg
2lw2b6o.jpg
11vlj50.jpg

Symphony trumpets:
2hmiry9.jpg

More to come:cool:

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Laguna Seca pics

Power transfer point
5jz9xd.jpg
32zs7lv.jpg

Some C7 views you may not have seen:
2qa5lxg.jpg
incrc3.jpg
b6rn83.jpg

A few more to come:cool:

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Additional Laguna Seca shots

More "skinned" views
34y2wxh.jpg
9runuh.jpg
23i86r6.jpg
2zsu0pz.jpg
2j1arlf.jpg

That's it for today. Hope you enjoyed :cool:

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Stinger

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Here are some initial pictures from the Corvette Reunion at Laguna Seca. Do to the slow internet where I am staying I am only going to post pictures related to the C7. I finally got to sit in one and in a word the seat (regular) is fantastic! It is very supportive and extremely comfortable.
Can you characterize the interior in terms of how you fit in it? I guess we need to know how long your legs are and / or better yet, if you have / had a C-6 to compare the similarities or differences of. I've read that the comp. seats will add about an inch of leg room. Also, when you sat in the C-7 how close was your knee to the dash? I've got ape like arms and legs, ;) so fit issues are important to me.

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Can you characterize the interior in terms of how you fit in it? I guess we need to know how long your legs are and / or better yet, if you have / had a C-6 to compare the similarities or differences of. I've read that the comp. seats will add about an inch of leg room. Also, when you sat in the C-7 how close was your knee to the dash? I've got ape like arms and legs, ;) so fit issues are important to me.
Good questions but, wow,like who noticed :) The first time I did not even bother to check the vision out the rear I was so excited about sitting in the C7... OK, I'm c 5'10" and slim. I like to sit further back then most when I drive, though the seat was not set back as far as I would normally set it. I honestly did not notice where my knees were but they did not touch anything. If I sit in one tonight or tomorrow I will pay more attention.

By the way, the rear vision was restricted but not to the degree that you couldn't drive safely. :cool:

I watched others sit in the car yesterday and most were larger than me and they had no problem adjusting the seat so it was a good fit. :cool:

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The Meet The Team dinner was a lot of fun last night. Of note, Tadge Juechter stated that no customer C7s were being manufactured yet, only captured fleet cars. They are still tweaking the car. I asked him about the transparent roof panel weight and he said it was only slightly more than the carbon fiber panel, perhaps a pound he figured. They provide media this week both base C7s and Z51s to drive and the praise of both versions continues.

The parade laps of the 150 Corvettes was phenomenal to view- pictures later. A big surprise is when they rolled out the C7R racer which was fully camouflage painted but was clearly a C7 with a very large rear wing. It did several hot laps before being put back into the trailer and sent back to Michigan.

It was a great day and will hope to post more pictures later- I am off to Pebble Beach Concours d Elegance shortly. I did manage to get my C7 order (that I just happen to have with me :D) signed by a few notables yesterday including: Jay Leno, Jackie Stewart, Tadge Juechter, Tom Peters and Harlan Charles. :cool:

·
Administrator
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jsvette - that's so cool and a great idea to have your C7 order signed by celebrities...
Thanks. Well the only other option was to have my C7 signed :D and seeing as it wasn't built yet...but I do have plans (my XTS is signed on the dash by Ed Welburn). :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
... I did manage to get my C7 order (that I just happen to have with me :D) signed by a few notables yesterday including: Jay Leno, Jackie Stewart, Tadge Juechter, Tom Peters and Harlen Charles. :cool:
Great forethought! It might prove to be something that might well mean more to you "down the road" than the actual delivery of the car itself? Well maybe not...;) Thanks for your input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts