Registered
38 Posts
I got the California plate.

Z51 C7

Now all I Need is the stingray...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I decided to use "C7TOOL" but my friend that the car would be more likely to be keyed because not everyone enjoys humor so I'm back to square one.
I almost ordered RCKTSHIP. I couldn't believe it wasn't taken. RCKTSHP, ROKTSHIP and ROCKTSHP all available as well. I thought those would be no-brainers for a muscle car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well I decided to use "C7TOOL" but my friend that the car would be more likely to be keyed because not everyone enjoys humor so I'm back to square one.
Also thought about another play on the Stingray name GOTSTUNG or GETSTUNG but both of those were taken.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's a lot of letters, as far as I know on tx we can only use 6 letters and a limited number of plates allow 7.

I like your plate ideas

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's a lot of letters, as far as I know on tx we can only use 6 letters and a limited number of plates allow 7.

I like your plate ideas
We used to be 6 characters but when we changed to a new font about 10 yrs ago they took it to 8 characters or 6 if you add a custom graphic

·
Registered
131 Posts
Guys, this is a very interesting thread...been thinking about a personalized plate for my new C7 on order, but don't know if I can order one prior to purchase and VIN #. Any information? I live in Texas.
I just ordered my vanity plates today. But I don't expect to pick up the vehicle for another 6 weeks. You don't need a VIN. You will need to pick up the plates and register the vehicle at the county tax-assessor collector's office where they will link the registration with the plates. At least that is my understanding. I live in Pearland, Brazoria County

·
Registered
582 Posts
I already have mine TX2GUN. ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I already have mine TX2GUN. ;)
Would Texas2Gun be a reference to that little school about 100 miles south of Amarillo on Hwy 87?

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
As a relate to the early 60s and the Beach Boys and their car songs, my Stingray will have:
image.jpg
For Surfside where I have my beach house at Surfside Beach TX, the plate is currently on my Beetle convertible

·
Registered
680 Posts
FINALLY got word my Texas registration is complete, so I'm getting my vanity plates installed today at the dealership... woohoo!!! Are you all putting a frame around your plate or just mounting it directly onto the vehicle without a frame? I don't really want a frame on my plate. Thoughts to a cleaner look?

·
Registered
582 Posts
FINALLY got word my Texas registration is complete, so I'm getting my vanity plates installed today at the dealership... woohoo!!! Are you all putting a frame around your plate or just mounting it directly onto the vehicle without a frame? I don't really want a frame on my plate. Thoughts to a cleaner look?
I currently have chrome one around my vanity plate but it’s on my Solstice Coupe now. It looks good because the car is white and it goes with the chrome wheels and door handles. I was thinking of going with a thin black carbon fiber one when I move it to the Stingray. The Stingray is going to be black and I’m going to black out as much as I can on it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I currently have chrome one around my vanity plate but it’s on my Solstice Coupe now. It looks good because the car is white and it goes with the chrome wheels and door handles. I was thinking of going with a thin black carbon fiber one when I move it to the Stingray. The Stingray is going to be black and I’m going to black out as much as I can on it.
Where can you get a thin black carbon fiber one?

21 - 40 of 1318 Posts